Search for content in message boards

Isham Butler - died 1803 SC

Isham Butler - died 1803 SC

Posted: 10 Jul 1999 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Dec 2009 4:34PM GMT
Isham Butler died in 1803 at Marion County, SC. His wife was Lucretia ?.I think Isham came from Dukes County MA and that his parents were Joseph Butler and Thankful Isham Butler. Help on this line will be appreciated.

Re: Isham Butler

Lois Butler (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 1999 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2009 4:34PM GMT
While I was looking for my husband's ggg frandfather (Joel Butler) in the 1790 census in South Carolina I came across an ISHAM BUTLER in Georgetown District, Prince Fredericks Parish. The list indicates there was one white male 16 years or older, one male under sixteen (presumably a son) three females (possibly a wife and two daughters). The early census only listed indiviuals by race and approximate ages. The listing indicated no other "free persons" or "slaves" resided in the household. Based upon the information listed I assumed there was a husband, wife and three children (one male and two females). Hope this helps. Good luck. Lois Butler

Lee Smith (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 6:07PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2009 4:35PM GMT
Thankful Isham born Barnstable abt 1705 or 1706; Date of death not found; married abt 1723 Joseph Butler, born in Edgerton, Martha's Vineyard about 1703, died probably 1752,son of Thomas and Ann(Torrey) Butler of Edgerton. Joseph Butler was a Mariner. His estate was edministered May 26 1752, which was probably the year of his death. His ancestor, Nicholas Butler, of Eastwell, England with his wife and three children, came over to New England before June 9 1637, and settled at Dorchester, Mass,
I have more if you are interested?
Can you help me with My Gr-Gr-Gr-Gr. Grandfather Isham Purple born in Conn. 1781?
He is somehow related to Thankful and Joseph.

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 4:24PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2009 4:36PM GMT
Thanks for the information on Isham`s ancestors. Sorry to be so late in getting back to you. I have not found any Purple in my search.

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 4:16AM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2009 4:37PM GMT
I'm descended from Isham Butler of Coffee Co. TN and Crawford Co. MO. If this is your Isham Butler, I'l like to exchange information with you. My email address is Brudo1@aol.com

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 4:05PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2009 4:37PM GMT
Hi Betty Rudolph
My 3great grandfather Isham Butler died in Marion County SC in 1803. The first evidence of him in SC is a SC land grant in 1788. I believe that he migrated from MA and that he is the son of Joseph Butler and Thankful Isham of Martha`s Vineyard, MA and was born in 1740. I still lack the proper proof. My e-mail address is Kenrbutler@aol.com

Jane (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 7:13AM GMT
Surnames: Butler
Lee
I would like to know more about Joseph Butler. Do you have information of lineage between 1637 when Nicholas arrived In Dorchester and Joseph's birth?

Re: Isham Butler - Marion Co., SC

Posted: 11 Dec 2009 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2009 4:38PM GMT
Surnames: butler
I am trying to locate a copy of the will of Isham Butler. It was in Marion Co, SC in 1803. Does anyone have this? I am descended from his son Nathan Butler 1774-1850.
Hope someone can help.

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 12:12AM GMT
I found this Isham Butler in the 1850 census for Coffee Co, TN, living near a John R. Butler born in VA and a George Butler born in VA. John R. and George were sons of the Thomas Butler who died in Coffee Co, TN, in about 1839. Do you know if there was any family connection between this Thomas Butler and his sons George and John R. and your Isham Butler?
Thanks for any information you are willing to give me.

Re: Isham Butler - Marion Co., SC

Posted: 10 Jul 2011 9:22PM GMT
Surnames: Butler
Hi, I have also traced my family back to the Isham Butler who died in Marion Co. S. Carolina in 1803. He is my 6 greatgrandfather. I have also found and Isham Butler from Barnstable, Mass., b. 1740. This line goes back to England through Nicholas Butler who came from England to America. I have not been able to verify, or dis-prove that these two Isham Butlers are the same. Have any of you made the connection, yet?

Thanks, Kim Butler
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions