Search for content in message boards

Guillaume Couture descendants

Guillaume Couture descendants

Roberta Cutcher-Faucher (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2000 5:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Couture
I would love to hear from anyone who is interested or wants to find descentents of the Couture lineage...email me please! I have collected a quantity of information on the Couture lineage.. as early as 1600 going back to Rouen France..

Thomas Couture m. Sophroni Tougas, Stanstead, QC

Ferne Hebig (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 11:51AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: Couture, Berube, Lamoureaux, Tougas
I am searching for information on my couture ancestors
and this is what I have found so far. I cannot
seem to get past Thomas.Any help is appreciated

(my grandmother)Claire Couture b. August 13, 1918 d.
January 3, 1979m. Fernand Berube(sometime in approx.1939
)
(my g.grandfather) Adelard Pierre Couture b. March 25, 1890
d. march 3 1965 m. Laura Lamoureux b. April 18, 1893 d.
July 5, 1945 married: March 25, 1914 in St. Edmond
Coaticook, Stanstead, Quebec
(g.g.grandfather) Thomas Couture m. Sophroni(Souffrini)
Tougas (St.Edmond Coaticook, Stanstead, Que)

e-mail me dandfhebig@sk.sympatico.ca

Joseph Couture m. Amanda Bedard, Alpena, MI

b altman (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 5:50PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Couture, Bedard
alpena mich. married amanda bedard, 8 children I can find nothing futher than from quebec canada, relatives there. was a fisherman then merchant.

Marie Louise Couture m. Joseph Houle

Posted: 12 Jan 2001 4:12PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Couture, Houle
I have just recently learned that Marie is a member of my family tree. All I know is that she is married to Joseph Houle. They had a least one son, also named Joseph. The son would probably have been born around 1800 (give or take a few years). The son Joseph married Marguerite Santoire, daughter of Toussaint. The son Joseph was from the Quebec area, so I am assuming for the time being that his parents were from Canada also. If you can find anything and help out, that would be great!

Francis Couture m. (1) Philomene Moreau (2) M. Marie Olympia Fortier

Claudine (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 11:04AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: Couture, Breire, Lachance dit Pepin, Moreau, Fortier
Hi,
My lineage goes something like this:
Henri Francois Joseph Couture M. Emma Fabiola Briere Apr. 25, 1923 in St. Gerard Majelle, Quebec.
Henri's father was Francis Napoleon Couture M. Marie Lachance dit Pepin Sept. 23, 1889 in St. Calixte, Plessissville, Quebec. Francis Napoleons father was Francis Couture M. to Philomene Moreau. He was widowed and M. Marie Olympia Fortier.
I thought I would give you the info that I have to see if it links up with anything you have.
Thanks, Claudine

James Jacob Couture, b. 1860, Detroit, MI

Robin ne Couture (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2001 8:33PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 4:28PM GMT
My father, Wallace Dillman Couture, is the last living son of James Jacob Couture, who was born in 1860 in the Detroit Michigan area. James Jacob was the son of William Couture, who was the only survivor of the River Raisin massacre. James was one of eight children. In the early 1900's he and his brothers migrated west to Oregon where James owned a large farm. In 1916 he married my grandmother. My grandmother was 16 and James was 56 when they married. I would like to have information on the Couture families in Michigan. Someday I hope to travel to Detroit and to visit some of the historical sites and the museums.

William Couture, Drummond Island, MI 1828

Andrea (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2001 5:16PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 4:28PM GMT
I would be interested in knowing more information about William. We have been searching for Couture relatives from the Michigan area, but I have never run across anything regarding William Couture surviving a massacre. There was a William Couture on Drummond Island, MI in 1828 along with a Joseph Couture.

Anyway, I would love to hear the story of William.

Couture, survivor of Indian attack

Robin ne Couture (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2001 12:59PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 3:17PM GMT
Hi! Thanks for your response. I am sorry that I miscommunicated my great grandfather's first name wrong. I need to research the story more, but I know the person who survived the Indian attack on the settlement of Frenchtown on the River Raisin was a Couture ancestor. The only reason that this individual survived was due to the fact that he & the Indian chief's son had become blood brothers in booyhood. I know this sounds like a geneology fable, but this story was available at a geneological libray resource that I found in Portland, Oregon. It was in a old book from Michigan. I had studied this several years ago, and just recently found this web site. As I said, my communication on the first name was wrong, due to the fact that my I was trying to recall (just by memory) my great grandfathers first name, and I hadn't gone back to my original research notes. I will go back to the 1870 & 1880 census & keep you informed from that. My grandfathers family was still in the Monroe county at that time.

Re: Guillaume Couture, survivor of Indian attack

Andrea (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2001 7:43PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 3:18PM GMT
The story isn't referring to Guillaume Couture is it?
The father of all Coutures in North American was made famous when he survived being captured by the indians while working in the service of the Jesuit Priests. He was taken captive by the Indians and was tortured to such an extent that if he had been a normal man, he would have died from his pain. When he survived, he was granted his life and was sent to live with the widow of an Indian warrior he had killed.

It is such a powerful story, I can't imagine another Couture having survived a similar fate. I would love to hear more :)

Re: Couture Survivor

Andrea (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2001 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Couture, Blette dit Sorrelle, Jones
Hi Robin,

Just wanted to check back with you to see if you had found out more about your relative who survived the Indian Attack at River Raisin. I would like to know more about your lineage. I had relatives in Michigan around this time, and thought we might have some kind of connection. Even if you could remember the name of the book where you originally for the story, I would be very interested in that.

Thanks. Andrea
per page

Find a board about a specific topic