Search for content in message boards

Wormley Swallow

Wormley Swallow

B.Rifleman (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2002 10:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swallow
Seeking info on desc. of Wormley Swallow. B.22 Sep 1804 Fauquier Co. Va. Parents: Zachariah Swallow and Mary Greene. Married Harriett Riley 24 Aug 1825 in Fauqauier Co. Va. Children are :Presley, James, Nancy J, Washington, Riley, Amanda, Martha, John, William, Harriett, and Julia E.

Re: Wormley Swallow

Posted: 20 Dec 2002 8:10AM GMT
Surnames: swallow
I just found this Swallow ancestor tonight, so I'm not sure if I'm experienced enough to be telling you anything new. Here are all census references I found to Wormley:
1830 in Athens Township, Harrison Co., Ohio
1840 ?
1850 in Bokes Creek Township, Logan Co., Ohio
1860 in Bokes Creek Township, Logan Co., Ohio
1870 in Zanesfield Township, Logan Co., Ohio
1880 in Lake Township (north precinct), Logan Co., Ohio
(after that I don't know)

I was able to browse these census images and in most cases find Wormley in census indexes by using the following three websites:
ancestry.com (census image option)
familysearch.org (1880 census only, but free)
heritagequestonline.com (all census images, and also indexes for 1870, 1910, soon 1900, etc.). This website is by subscription, although it's free if your local public library subscribes to it. You just need to call your local library to get proxy sign-on instructions.

I'm researching a descendant of Wormley & Harriet's son James, who farmed in Ohio, became a cattle broker in Illinois, and moved to Atchison City, Kansas by 1880.

Could you confirm for me Wormley's parents? You wrote in this message that they were Zachariah Swallow and Mary Greene, but in another posting on the same day, you state that Zachariah married a Susannah around 1800. Clarification?

If I find out more about Wormley, like his death date and place, I will pass it on to you.
With gratitude for a research buddy, yours truly,
Vince Huening

Darlene (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2003 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: Swallow, Settle, Harris
Was scanning the Swallow board and came across your response to Wormley Swallow, DOB 9-1804 Fauquier Co., Virginia. DOD 9-1885 in Lake Township, Logan, Ohio. He had been married to Harriet Riley. DOM 24 Aug 1825 in Fauquier Co, Virginia. I show that they had 9 children. I found that her Harriet's dad was Nathan Riley DOB 1788 in Pittsylvania, but unable to find anymore on them. My line is through their son Presley. This is work that I had done some years ago. Wormley's dad was Zachariah, DOB 1770 Fauquier Co, Virginia, and he was married to Susannah DOB abt. 1779 in Virginia. DOM 1799. I showed that they had 10 children. Zachariah's parents were John Zephaniah DOB 1745/1750 in England and Mary Greene DOB abt 1750 in England. His parents were Zephaniah DOB abt. 1730 in England, DOD 22 Jan 1814 in Alexandria, Virginia and Charity DOB abt. 1724 in England. DOD Bef 1814 in Virginia. I tried to find more information on the Swallow line by "deciding" that the name Wormely might have been a surname somewhere along the line, found some, but haven't worked much to see if I can make a connection. Hope this information helps.

B Rifleman (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2003 3:25AM GMT
Hi Darlene,
]Thank you for your information. I had found some of this from the LDS site, but do not have any documentation. Also, I thought Harriet's father may have been Nathan Riley, but was not sure. I also tried to find the origin of "Wormley" but so far have not found such a surname on the Swallow line. I will let you know if I find the answer. Also, I am willing to share anyinformation I might have that you need.
Beverly

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 1:23AM GMT
I have 4 generations past Wormley if you still need it, please feel free to contact me. Having a difficult time finding anything on Harriett Riley.

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 1:26AM GMT
I have info. on Wormley Swallow and 4 generations back. Please feel free to contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic