Search for content in message boards

thomas tomlinson married sarah penny in 1818 in johnston, nc, and had william hardy tomlinson in 1823

thomas tomlinson married sarah penny in 1818 in johnston, nc, and had william hardy tomlinson in 1823

ashlyn (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2000 1:07PM GMT
please email me if you have any info. thanks

Thomas Tomlinson-Sarah Penny, Johnston Cumberland Cos., NC

Sally Ryan Tomlinson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2000 5:59PM GMT
Thomas Tomlinson, b. c1794, Johnston Co., NC; d. c1847, Cumberland Co., NC; m. 17 Apr 1818 (bond) Johnston Co., NC, Sarah Penny, b. c1803 NC; d. after 1870, Cross Creek Twp., Cumberland Co., NC?, daughter of Hardy Penny and Mary Young.

Their children were:
Delila Tomlinson, b. c1819, Johnston; d. after 1850, Fayetteville, Cumberland Co., NC?; m. 6 Aug 1838 (bond), Cumberland Co., NC, Datus Jones, b. c1815, NC; d. after 1860, Fayetteville?
Altona Jane, b. aft 1820, NC; . Daniel Shepherd Maltby. (Daughters of 1812 chart)
William Hardy, b. 17 Aug 1823, Fayetteville, Cumberland Co., NC; d. after 1870, Fayetteville?; m. 21 Dec 1848 (bond) Cumberland Co., NC, Sarah Jane Wooten, b. by 1822, daughter of Thomas B. Wooten and Mary Singletary. Her name on the marriage bond was Sarah Crossline; some descendants referred to her as Sarah Jane Wooten Crossland. She apparently had a prior marriage.

Thomas was the eldest child of Edmund Tomlinson, b. 30 Nov 1764, Johnston Co., NC; d. by 25 Feb 1815, Johnston; m. 1 28 May 1794 (bond), Johnston, Delilah McCoy/McKoy/McKay, b. by 1779, d. by 1809, Johnston, daughter of (RW) John McCoy/McKoy/McKay, b. by 1759; d. 8 Sep 1781 near Eutaw Springs, SC. Edmund m. 2 25 July 1809 (bond), Johnston, Sarah (Sally) Coats, b. 1780-1787, Johnston; d. 1830-1840?, Johnston?, daughter of John Coats, Sr., b. by 1765, d. ca. 1823?, Johnston?

Edmund was a son of Thomas Tomlinson, b. 1737-1744, Brunswick Co., VA; d. by 24 Feb 1795, Johnston; m. Sarah (Averyt?), b. c1736; d. 14 Oct 1824, Johnston.

Thomas was a son of William Tomlinson, b. c1715, Surry Co., VA; d. 15 Feb-28 Mar 1758, Brunswick Co., VA, a son of Thomas Tomlinson, Sr., b. by 1690, VA; d. 5 Feb 1750/1, Albemarle Parish, Surry Co., VA, and Elizabeth Cook, b. by 1700, VA; d. 27 Jan 1750/1, Albemarle Parish.

I have a few descendants of Delila Tomlinson Jones, more of William Hardy, none of Altona Jane. Appreciate data on descendants (and ancestors).

You are fortunate to be studying lines passing through Johnston Co., NC, where splendid records are available in the Johnston County Room of the Johnston-Smithfield Library in Smithfield, NC.

for SALLY TOMLINSON- re: tomlinsons, pennys, etc. from johnston co, nc

ashlyn (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 5:38AM GMT
sally- i am DELIGHTED to hear from you!! my line follows william hardy as well. i had been able to find nothing until i heard from you. i do have information on descendants (that you may or may not have. i am a direct descendant of william hardy tomlinson). please email me at AAnderson@Dorchester2.k12.sc.us
can't wait to compare. thanks again for taking the time to send that to me. i really appreciate it and hope that i can help you as well.

for sally ryan tomlinson

ashlyn (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 12:22PM GMT
couldn't wait to hear from you, so i'll go ahead and tell you who i am (my line of descent):

william hardy tomlinson had a daughter named sarah ellen tomlinson who married captain david jones.

they had a son named george cole jones who married sarah virginia moore.

they had a son named edwin grey jones who married caroline frances herring.

they had a daughter named sara ellen jones who married samuel lee anderson, jr.

they had a daughter- ashlyn bryan anderson...me!

Tomlinson-Datus Jones

Posted: 21 Mar 2000 12:44PM GMT
Ashlyn,
Could you tell me, please, when and where these people were b., m., d.? Do you have census or Bible records for them?

I am not aware of any other children of William Hardy Tomlinson than W.H., Jr. Given the name Jones, I am wondering if the descent could be through Delila Tomlinson, elder sister of WH; Delila we know did marry Datus Jones. Could that be your David Jones? (And where did the Capt. come from?)

for sally ryan tomlinson

ashlyn (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 5:20AM GMT
please email me at AAnderson@Dorchester2.k12.sc.us and i will send that info! thanks!

DATUS JONES

Gynger Losey (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 12:25AM GMT
Hello I am a decsendant of Delia Datus's.
7th generation.. I would like to share information with you regarding the Tomlinson side.
Gynger Losey
Oregon

Tomlinson: Johnston, Cumberland Cos., NC

Posted: 24 Sep 2000 8:14PM GMT
How do you descend from Delia Tomlinson and Datus Jones? Please check the Tomlinsons on GenForum and e-mail me at JTomlin952@aol.com.

Re: Tomlinson-Datus Jones

Posted: 9 Jun 2011 1:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Datus Jones was the steamboat capt. of the Enterprise on the Cape Fear River. He lived on Water Street which is off of Person St. Fay. NC. I'm trying to find out who his parents are. It seems to stop cold with him on the Jones' side. The Jones family still owns property at around Breece's landing.

Re: Tomlinson-Datus Jones

Posted: 26 Sep 2011 5:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
What information do you have for Datus Jones?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic