Search for content in message boards

African American Mazie Anna Warfield

African American Mazie Anna Warfield

Marcellus Frye (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 11:47AM GMT
Searching for descendants of paternal Grandmother Mazie Anna Warfield. She came from Anne Arundel/Baltimore County to D.C. in late 1800's. Her Father was Joseph Warfield and her Mother was Laura Lyles. She had several children, including my father, Lester Thomas, Jr., Leroy Warfield-Richardson, Lydia Richardson-Yates, Leona Thomas and Lawrence (i think). Also doing geneaological research on maternal grandmother -- Elizabeth Taylor Frye/Marcellus Frye. Parents of Lorraine Elizabeth Frye (married Lester Thomas, Jr.) last residence was in District of Columbia. Any info to share, please contact me. Thansk 202-529-3788.

taylor -richardson surname's

alice taylor-richardson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 5:51AM GMT
sent a reply last night. i was alittle excited about the names in your family history. taylor and richardson. my maiden name is taylor. my father was sloan taylor born in fraker, iowa february 2, 1926 his mothers name was ethelburt mitchell b in va. his fathers name was sloan taylor 1, i dont know his birth date or where he was born. i have been told that he had 13 siblings. i only know of two of his uncles names. clarence taylor and warren taylor. is there a connection? now on the richardson side. my husband is trying to trach his fathers side of the family. his grandfather was born in columbia, mo march 10, 1892 his name was ben soloman richardson. ben's parents names where ben s. richardson and laura keyer. born in columbia, mo. the va sent information from his file #. so that is where we are getting this information. ben my husband's grandfather had 2 brothers and 2 sisters. however, one of his sister's and his mother had died. this was on his physical papers when the doctor asked about his family history. this physical was taken around 1918. we really dont know if my husband ggrandparents were actually born in columbia, mo. but it looks as if his grandfather was. i hope you dont mind these questions, about the taylor richardson family. when you justed wanted information about mazie. again, thank you alice taylor-richardson and alvin j richardson. i'm using my husband e-mail address at his job. so we both will be waiting to hear from you.

African American Warfield

Clarence Warfield (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 9:01PM GMT
Searching for my roots, my name is clarence r. warfield my father is clarence j. warfield. my grandfather is clarence earl warfield he left my father and his family in ohio when my father was 10 y.o.a we don't know much history other than his father was Joseph Warfield. I believe my grandfather was born in ky or md, and according to ssdi i believe he died in ny, ny 04 of 70 born 5 Jan 1902. dying to know about him or his family, my father does not remember much.

Re: taylor -richardson surname's

Posted: 6 Mar 2002 9:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Apr 2005 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: WARFIELD, LYLES, RICHARDSON, TAYLOR, THOMAS ETC.
I AM LEARNING TO NAVIGATE AROUND THIS SITE. SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO ANSWER. I'M ASSUMING YOUR FAMILY IS ALSO AFRICAN AMERICAN. PLS EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AND I WILL EXPLAIN WHAT I HAVE TO YOU. THANKS. ANITA

Posted: 6 Mar 2002 9:23AM GMT
EMAIL ADDRESS IS ANITAFRYET@AOL.COM

Re: African American Warfield

Posted: 10 Jan 2003 2:59AM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2003 3:57PM GMT
I don't remember if we communicated re my Arican American ggfather Joseph Warfield. If we have pls disregard. If not, we could be related. pls email me. thanks, anita

Posted: 27 Jun 2003 2:14PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2003 3:57PM GMT
WE COMMUNICATED A WHILE BACK RE MY AFRICAN AMERICAN GGFATHER JOSEPH WARFIELD OF MD. I THINK I FOUND MY GMOTHER MAZIE'S 1892 BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND HER FATHER WAS LISTED AS "JERRY WARFIELD." MAYBE HE CALLED HIMSELF JOSEPH BACK INTHOSE DAYS. ANITA

Posted: 1 Jul 2003 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: FRYE, WARFIELD, THOMAS, TAYLOR, LILES
Elizabeth Taylor was my maternal grandmother -- born in virginia to lucinda and james taylor. Her husband was Marcellus Frye and they were both from Greene/Orange/Madison/Kanawha Co., VA. Robert Richardson had children with my paternal grandmother Mazie Liles-Warfield-Thomas. Robert was the father of my aunt lydia richardson-yates and uncle leroy warfield-richardson. robert richardson was from Maryland. any questions??

Posted: 4 Feb 2010 9:07PM GMT
my new email address is stirfrye53@verizon.net

i have communicated with Ms. Berniece Warfield-Peterson whose father was Earl WARFIELD. I'M PRETTY sure that Berniece and I are related... we're looking for our DC/MD/PA connection. i'll keep your info for future reference. nina

Posted: 4 Feb 2010 9:13PM GMT
My Uncle Leroy Richardson [son of Maisie/Mazie] was son of Robert Richardson according to his social security death index. Leroy was born in DC [deceased] and i do not know where his father was born. fYI, my new email address is stirfrye53@verizon.net. My grandmother was Elizabeth Taylor [born in greene va.] daughter of Lucinda Payne and James Taylor. anything familiar, pls email me. thanks, anita
per page

Find a board about a specific topic