Search for content in message boards

Compiler e-mail not functioning

Compiler e-mail not functioning

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 3:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
First of all: Second Site is excellent, excellent excellent!
============================================================
When I click the compiler to send an e-mail, I get this message from Outlook,"The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using"

It use to work, but something I did must be causing the problem. If I create a new Site Definition I can get it to work, but I don't want to redo all my work with the new site defintion.

Thank you for your time.

www.visi.com/~skleist

Re: Compiler e-mail not functioning

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 3:51AM GMT
I visited many of your pages and when I clicked the linked name next to the compiler, Outlook opened properly with your email address in the "To:" box. Are you having trouble with your published site, or with a version on your PC?

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 5:16AM GMT
I checked several pages, and the email link functions properly using Thunderbird.

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 12:24PM GMT
* Problem solved *
It was failing on both my published site and the version on my PC. Plus I had tried it from several different computers.

However, I woke up this morning with an idea and it solved my problem. It appears that Outlook or how Outlook received the message to launch the email did not like the double quotes around "Kleist" as text in the title.

I changed them to single quotes or no quotes and everything was fine.

Thank you for your help. I am amazed at how much work you put in to helping your customers. It is greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic