Search for content in message boards

Lemuel Newkirk

Lemuel Newkirk

Michael Newkirk (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Newkirk
I'am seeking information on my 3-grandfather, he died in Lawerance County and was buried there. I have second party information that he was a postmaster and operated a general store in Heltonville, In. Was married to Mary E. Ramsey. Lemuel was born August 27, 1838 in In. Was married in September 16, 1866, and died Jan. 24, 1887. They were to have to children Female Vera Newkirk, born March 9, 1868, Male Everett(kirby)Newkirk, born Feb. 17, 1864, Died July 6,1928. I would like any information that anyone has.

Marriage

Shelley Hill (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: NEWKIRK, BROWNING
I have a Lemuel Newkirk who was born 27 Aug 1838 in Indiana he married Nancy J. Browning 27 Aug 1860 in Lawrence County and died 24 Jan 1887 in Lawrence County, IN. Marriage found in Vol. 5 Lawrence County Marriages 1850-1860 married by E. Wells, M.G. He is buried in Pinhook Cemetery, Guthrie Twp., Lawrence Co., IN. He was the son of Moses K. Newkirk and Eleanor Fountain.

Nancy J. Browning was born abt. 1841, daughter of Amzi Browning and Mary "Polly" Winfrey. She is also reported to have married a Henderson.

I hope this helps you out.
Shelley =)

Re: Lemuel Newkirk

Posted: 23 Mar 2002 5:21PM GMT
If you still need help, I have what you need. I am also related to Lemuel Newkirk; he was my GGGrandfather through my maternal grandmother Mary Newkirk of Bedford, Indiana. I have the Newkirk family history back 16 generations and can supply you with complete files and photos if you'd like. Contact me if you still need info.

Randy

Donna Burton (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2003 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: Newkirk, Critchlow
My husband is related to Isaac Newkirk, the brother of Moses Newkirk, father of Lemuel. Isaac was married to Mary Ann Critchlow but we have been unable to learn her parents' names. Do you have any information, or even where Isaac is buried? I too have extensive research on the Newkirk family.Ladonna

Posted: 25 Nov 2003 4:13AM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2005 4:18PM GMT
John Lewis Critchlow b.1766 Cumberland, Pa. d. 1830 Owens Co. Ky, wife Nancy Brown b. 3/23/1776 Ky d. 10/15/1864 Mitchell, Lawrence, Indiana.
Their children; John C ,Sarah, Elizabeth, Margaret, Johnson R., Nancy, James R., Amanda, Elvira, Edwin, Francis M., Mary Ann b. 10/5/1815 Ky d. 6/23/1880 Pike, Ind. married Isaac B. Newkirk b. 1814 Jefferson, Ky. his parents were; benjamin Newkirk and Alice Sparks. their children were; Jemima, Permelia, Moses, James, Richard, Benjamin, Mary, and Isaac B.

Angella (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2004 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Newkirk, Moon, Dillon
Randy,
Do the names Ida Moon Newkirk and Newton Newkirk show up on your family tree? We're working on those guys, and Verna Newkirk was their daughter, who married Andrew Dillon.
My e-mail is amc@hwbi.net, if you'd like to get in touch.

Re: Marriage

Posted: 1 Nov 2004 3:15AM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2006 5:11PM GMT
Lemuel Newkirk, b 29 Aug 1838 and d 24 Jan 1887, is actually buried in Gilgal Cemetery, located in Pleasant Run Township just a mile north of Heltonville. His parents, Moses and Eleanor (Fountain) Newkirk, are also buried there.

Nancy Henderson, b 1 Dec 1841 and d 30 Aug 1874 and also buried at Gilgal, is believed to be Nancy J. Browning, the d/o Amzi and Polly (Winfrey) Browning and the first wife of Lemuel Newkirk. Did she and Lemuel divorce? Which Henderson man did she later marry?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions