Search for content in message boards

John James Lee and Lucy Braxton Goochland Virginia

John James Lee and Lucy Braxton Goochland Virginia

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 1:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lee, Braxton, Call, Clinton, Custis
I recently did a yDNA test at FamilyTreeDNA.com and had two exact matches. Both matches trace their families back to John Lee and Lucy Braxton of Virginia. Their lines go down through John's son Stephen.

My oldest known relative is George Call Lee b.1841 in Missouri to a John Lee who was born in Kentucky. All I know about George's mother was that she was from Maysville. I'm assuming Maysville Kentucky.

It looks like there are roughly three places that the various male children of John and Lucy ended up. They went to Tennessee, Illinois, and Kentucky?? I've started with Stephen's line as I know they ended up in Pulaski County Kentucky. The family seems to be well documented but I can't find a John Lee that fits.

Does anyone know of any other lines from John and Lucy Lee that ended up in Missouri? I have the middle names of Call, Clinton, and Custis does anyone know of any possible male Lee spouses with those family names,(though I think the name Custis was perhaps wishful thinking by my great-grandfather).

I know some of the Kentucky folks ended up in Missouri and then moved on to Texas. I believe one of my DNA cousins comes from that line, but I'm not finding any Johns or Georges.

Would anyone have any hints or suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

Re: John James Lee and Lucy Braxton Goochland Virginia

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Lee, Phelps, Buchan
My Lee relative is Sophia Lee b. 27 Sep 1777 and married William Phelps - they lived in Pulaski Co., GA and their son William Jr. moved to Texas, Brazos Co., Burleson Co. -- any connection?

Re: John James Lee and Lucy Braxton Goochland Virginia

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 7:36PM GMT
I'm not seeing a Sophia Lee in the John Lee/Lucy Braxton(?) line. I see someone has an entry for a Sophia Lee born in North Carolina and married to William Phelps but there isn't a source cited. Also no mention of parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions