Search for content in message boards

Fairview Cemetery? Windsor

Fairview Cemetery? Windsor

Posted: 2 Dec 2010 7:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know about this cemetery?! I have been to the Windsor Town Hall, they say there isn't one but there are references to it in regard to a Jones family I am researching.

Thank you very much

Re: Fairview Cemetery? Windsor

Posted: 7 Dec 2010 6:57PM GMT
Nothing with that name shows up in any search--perhaps the name of the cemetery changed, or it may have been eliminated and the people were interred elsewhere. What years are you referring to?

Rest Haven Cemetery
South Windsor, Kennebec County, Maine

Resthaven Cemetery, Windsor Town, Kennebec County, Maine

Nearby Cemeteries
Coburn 0.3 mi. NW
Windsor Neck 2.9 mi. NE
Dyer Hill 3.6 mi. N
Potter (Whitefield Town, Lincoln County) 3.9 mi. S
Calvary (Whitefield Town, Lincoln County) 4.7 mi. S
Chadwick Hill (China Town) 5.7 mi. N
Noyes (Whitefield Town, Lincoln County) 5.8 mi. S
Togus National (Chelsea Town) 5.9 mi. W
Deer Hill (China Town) 6.1 mi. NE
Bolton Hill (Augusta) 6.2 mi. NW
Preble (Whitefield Town, Lincoln County) 6.3 mi. S
Highland (Jefferson Town, Lincoln County) 6.4 mi. S

Posted: 8 Dec 2010 11:16AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
there is one

Fairview Cemetery
Farmington
Franklin County
Maine

??

Posted: 8 Dec 2010 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
Thank you. I haven't found it either. I am wondering if maybe this isn't the cemetery on 20 Rod Rd that apparently was ruined by a logging company decades ago? The logging company did not relocate anything or anyone. I believe there are 2 stones left. The closest I could find was the one in Jefferson, but alas, they were not there.
They were early 1800's burrials. Samuel Jones d 1834 and possible father Josiah d 1826.

Posted: 5 May 2011 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Haskell
Apparently William Augustus Haskell is also buried in this cemetery [born 1834, died 1881?]. So your information came up when I 'googled' Fairview Cemetery Windsor Maine.
I live on the opposite coast to Maine, but you sound like you are close to Windsor. Have you tried looking for a city directory which covers Windsor? [It may be the Augusta city directory] It should list what cemeteries were present in that directory year.

Posted: 5 May 2011 1:06PM GMT
I may have found the Fairview Cemetery on Rt. 17 in Augusta. It is in that corner of Windsor, so close that with boundary changes this could be it. I'm hoping to get there in the next week. I will keep a lookout for your William A Haskell.

Posted: 16 May 2011 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2011 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: Haskell
Have you had a chance to get to the cemetery you mention?
Do you have a more detailed address for it [other than Rt 17 Augusta]?
At least that way I could google map it from afar.
Thanks so much
Marda

Posted: 18 May 2011 11:04PM GMT
There is a Fairview Cemetery in Bethel WINDSOR COUNTY, Vermont. Could this possible be the cemetery?

Posted: 19 May 2011 2:51PM GMT
No. The Jones family that I had been researching 2 members of the family were supposedly burried in this cemetery in Windsor Maine. I haven't been able to make it over there yet. Seems that the closer something is the harder it is to get there! LOL. There is a Fairview in Augusta, Kennebec County, Maine and it is a stones throw almost to the corner of Windsor and China. With the changing of boundaries it is very possible this is the correct one. However, there was a cemetery that was just plain neglected and mother nature ruined it, there are only a few stones left for any evidence there was one there. This also may be the Fairview cemetery. If it is, then all one can go on is oral tradition, there are no records as to who was burried there.

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 8:57PM GMT
I too had relatives buried in Fairview Cem. I went there 15 years ago. This is Resthaven cemetery now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions