Search for content in message boards

Lookups please - Fry, Jenkins, Bell

Lookups please - Fry, Jenkins, Bell

Posted: 30 Oct 2005 4:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fry, Bell, Wood, Jenkins, Arterberry, Dunlap, Robertson, Taylor, Marrs
Phillip Ruth Fry - place of death unknown

Ida (Bell) Fry (spouse) - SSDI indicated died at Durant, Bryan, Oklahoma 15 June 1968

Interested in obituaries, burial place, and information on ANY known relatives (parents, siblings, nieces/nephews, aunts/uncles, children, grandchildren).

Ida Bell Fry was the daughter of John O. Bell and Elizabeth Jane Jenkins. She was born 4 Feb 1876 in Carroll County AR.
J. O. Bell (age 24) & E. J. Jenkins (age 14) were married in Carroll County AR on 17 Jan 1873 and divorced on 18 Sep 1878.

John O. Bell's parents were Nancy Paralee Styles Bell and James Thomas Bell, and he had at least 4 sisters (Jane, Elizabeth, Laura, Margret Frances).

Elizabeth Jane "Eliza" Jenkins' parents were Joseph Alexander Jenkins and Susan A Arterberry Jenkins, and she had a stepmother named Tennessee Alabama Dunlap Jenkins.
Eliza Jenkins had 3 brothers (RM, James W, William A), two sisters (Sarah A, and Susan A), and a half-sister (Lenetta A).

Ida's husband, Phillip Ruth Fry, was born about 1872 in AR to parents named Marshall Calloway Fry and Margret Dorothy Ophelia Wood Fry.

It is unknown whether Ida had any of her own children, or any half-siblings through her father's subsequent marriages to Ida Belle Taylor (31 Mar 1883, Carroll County AR) or to Cora G. Marrs (4 Apr 1900, Washington County AR).

We are looking for Ida's two half-brothers through her mother's later relationship with Thomas Jefferson Robertson - Charley Robertson and William Jonah Robertson - between their birth after 1880 and before we found Jonah in 1905 (We still cannot find Charley and would like to know what became of him). We hope that there was evidence they lived with her, or near where she lived, or that some member of her family would know what became of both of them.

Additional data on Fry, Jenkins, Bell

Posted: 6 Nov 2005 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: Bell, Fry, Sullivan, King, Edwards, Northcut, Thompson, Loper, Harmon, Alley, Sipi, Cauthen, Yackley, Rhyan
Additional data has come to light. If anyone can help contribute information about what happened to Elizabeth Jane Jenkins Bell Robertson and her other children, please contact me.

At the time of Ida (Bell) Fry's death on June 15, 1968, her living children were
Dorothy Sullivan (Odessa TX),
Millie King (Denver CO),
Effie Edwards (Killeen TX),
Iola Belle Northcut (Hurlong CA),
Flora Cox Thompson (Durant OK),
Gladys Loper (Durant OK)
Bessie Harmon (Durant OK)
Ruth Alley (Durant OK)
Gene Fry (Durant OK)
Vic Fry (Carlsbad NM)
30+ grandchildren & 50+ great grandchildren
There may also have been another 1 or 2 children who pre-deceased her, if the 1920 census record is correct.
She also apparently had 4 half-sisters through her father:
Eula Sipi (Vinita OK)
Minnie Cauthen (Vinita OK)
Bessie Yackley (Hope ID)
Willie Rhyan (Ft. Gibson OK)

Re: Additional data on Fry, Jenkins, Bell

Posted: 24 Nov 2005 9:04PM GMT
I knew Gene Fry, when I was a child. He owned a drycleaners and was a friend of my family. Unfortunately, all but my mother are gone. She may know something about him.

James Fry (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2005 9:14PM GMT
Surnames: Fry, Northcutt, Wood,Jenkins
I am the grandson of Phillip Ruth Fry and Ida Bell Fry.
Of the children listed by someone the only surviving
member is Iola Belle Fry Northcutt, she resides in Nevada.

I may have some of the information you seek. There is a family burial plot in Bennington Cemetery in Oklahoma and a family burial plot in Durant Oklahoma.

The family plot in Bennington is the older of the two
burial sites. Margaret Dorothy Ophelia Wood is buried there.

I also think that I have pictures of my grandmothers'
sisters from sometime in the late 1950's or early '60's.

Please send me an e-mail if you are interested.

Respectfully,

James Victor Fry

Posted: 9 Dec 2010 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: Fry, Jenkins, Bell, Robertson
I just found your message today - somehow I wasn't notified of a response. Perhaps it was lost when my computer crashed around that time.
Yes, I am interested in anything you might have on Ida Bell Fry's family, and whatever you might know about Elizabeth Jane "Eliza" Jenkins.
My husband is the great-grandson of Eliza Jenkins through her second marriage to T. J. Robertson of Carrollton, AR.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions