Search for content in message boards

Mary Margaret Malone/J.H. Fanshaw

Mary Margaret Malone/J.H. Fanshaw

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 5:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Malone, Fanshaw
Seeking info on the family of J.H. Fanshaw and Mary Margaret Malone who, according to her father's obituary, lived in Fox Lake, WI is 1893. Mary was born 14 Sept 1850 in Ritchie Co, WV (VA).

John H. FANSHAW 1845-1931

Posted: 26 Aug 2003 4:51AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: FANSHAW
Beaver Dam Argus, Thursday, December 17, 1931, page 5.

Fox Lake Civil War Veteran Dead

John H. Fanshaw, 86, and the last surviving Civil War veteran of Fox Lake, died at his home there on Sunday evening of this week, death following an illness of the past three years. Mr. Fanshaw, who for many years was engaged in the draying business at Fox Lake, was widely known in this city and throughout the country.

He was a native of England, born February 10th, 1845, and came to this country as a child. In 1861 he enlisted in the Union army and was mustered out in 1865. He was a member of Company C of the 48th Indiana Infantry.

He came to Fox Lake following the war and there engaged in the draying business which he followed until his retirement sixteen years ago.

Surviving him are his wife and one son, Henry, who is employed by a railway at Weston, W. Va.

The funeral services were held at the Odd Fellow Hall in Fox Lake at two o'clock Tuesday afternoon with burial in the Fox Lake cemetery. [aka Waushara Cemetery and now called Riverside Memorial Park]

Re: Mary Margaret Malone/J.H. Fanshaw

Posted: 13 Mar 2011 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Fanshaw
This John Fanshaw was my 2xgreat uncle. His brother Aaron Fanshaw, who also served in the Civil War, was my 2x grandfather. John and Aaron's father was Henry Fanshaw, who came to the U.S. in the 1840s from England. Henry was born in Eckington, England in Derbyshire County. We believe that his parents were Thomas Fanshaw(e) and Mary Richardson.

Posted: 17 Jan 2012 5:26PM GMT
Dear ifanshaw 1

My name is Paul.

Henry Fanshaw (1808 - 1890)is my 3rd great grand uncle on my Maternal Grandfathers side of the family (a c Jepson)

I would be very grateful if you could contact me a I would very much like to know more about the family as my Grandfather passed away when I was 18 months old and my Grandmother passed away 16 years ago. There is only my mother and her elder sister and none of them know much about the family.

If you are happy to contact me please email me on aarhus374@hotmail.co.uk

I fully understand f you do not wish to make contact and I hope you do not mind me contacting you.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Jepson Hughes

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 6:38PM GMT
I have a picture here on a mr and mrs fanshaw taken in fox lake wisc does she or he go back to the butchers or deans do you know of? if you like a copy of it I can scan it and email it to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions