Search for content in message boards

Seefeld, near Innsbruck

Seefeld, near Innsbruck

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 6:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, Iam looking to talk with someone who lived in this area from around 1945. Iam looking for my uncle. Thank you so much! :)

Re: Seefeld, near Innsbruck

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 10:45AM GMT

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 2:21PM GMT
Hello, thanks you so much for your reply(mohnbauer). Unfortunately, I only know my uncles first name, which is Edgar. His mothers name is Mitzi or Ditzi, I do not have a last name. The information I have is that they lived in Seefeld, in 1946. :-)

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 3:26PM GMT
don´t know really if it helps, but think you must find him about registry-dates in Seefeld. no idea if they will do at community-office without a lastname. it´s not a big place, so maybe they will do. think you also must state with an attached document that you are related. don´t really know if they will do, but make attempt. you can ask in english.

Meldeamt/registry-office Seefeld:
http://www.seefeld.eu/index.php?site=2
good luck!

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 4:05AM GMT
Hi! Thank you! I have been talking with someone from there. Unfortunately, she said there was no one with that name born there in 1946. I was told to try Innsbruck. Would you know the name of the hospital around that time? :)

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 12:12PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2012 12:16PM GMT
i´m not sure if this person you are were talking really can have known all about all people in Seefeld that time....i would ask really also at registry-office there. better then "word of mouth" of someone! Edgar can have been also Eduard in Austria. in any case if has lived in Seefeld, there must be a registry-date.

for Innsbruck ask at Meldeamt/Standesamt (registry-office)Innsbruck not at hospital. civil-registry in Austria since around 1938. you must also state the relationship. no idea if they can look without a lastname if he was registred/born there. it´s the capital of Tirol!:
http://traumhochzeit.com/Unternehmen/Standesamt-Innsbruck/46...

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 5:30AM GMT
Thank you so much. This is proving to be pretty difficult. It might be a little easier if I knew German. :)

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 10:47AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2012 11:02AM GMT
because why? what´s difficult?
austrians learn english at school, so ask in your language if the person was registered at the time you think. maybe better for first in Seefeld. when they lived there, als when child was born possible in Innsbruck i a hospital - it must have been registered living in Seefeld.

want you believe information from a person who supposedly lived there? does this person have saved "in the head" all people lived in Seefeld that time? don´t think so. official registry is better. Seefeld was not so big that time, an registry-entry think must be found also with the firstname.
make attempt an dlook what happens.

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 2:09AM GMT
Well, the problem is that I cannot read their pages to even ask. :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions