HISTORY AND GENEALOGY OF THE STACKPOLE FAMILY

LESTER STACKPOLE (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STACPOOLE, STACKPOLE

JAMES STACPOLE, (STACKPOLE) EMIGRANT TO NEW ENGLAND
HIS FATHER PHILIP STACPOLE is buried IN A SARCOPHAGUS in PERY CHAPEL, ST, MARYS CATHEDRAL, LIMERICK, IRELAND

Also, many relatives of Stacpole's were
prominant and numerous in Limerick from the years 1455AD to 1688...most all of these being Sheriff's and Bailiffs and provost. The last was Bartholomew Stacpole who recorder for Limerick and signed the capitulation of that city.

He with many Stacpole's were then tranplanted and deprived of their estates by Cromwell's command, immediately after Bartholemew Stacpole, appointed recorder, signed the capture of Limerick

S. PEMBROKESHIRE WALES LIMERICK,IRELANDROLLINSFORN, N.H. AMERICA THE HISTORY OF THIS FAMILY IS RECORDED FOR OVER 9OO YEARS IN THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS. CALL
# CS71.S776 1920 by Everett S. Stackpole (two vol.)

FACTS: TAKEN PRISONER FROM IRELAND, WAS JAMES STACPOLE, THE EMIGRANT TO AMERICA. YR. BEFORE 1680/ WIFE MARGARET WARREN. SEVEN CHILDREN. HE WAS THE FATHER TO ALL NEW ENGLAND STACKPOLE'S AND IS BURIED IN A PRIVATE CEMETERY. SLIGO RD. ROLLINGSFORD, N.H.

FACTS: CONNECTING TEN GENERATIONS:
1ST GENERATION THE EMIGRANT JAMES STACPOLE (STACKPOLE)WIFE MARGARET WARREN 8 CHILDRENJAMES,JOHN,CATHERINE,WILLIAM,PHILIP MARGARET,HONOR,SAMUEL JAMES THE EMIGRANT HAD NO OPPORTUNITY LIKE HIS ANCESTORS, UNDER WILLIAM THE CONQUEROR AND STRONGBOW, TO SEIZE THE CASTLES AND CULTIVATED ESTATES OF THE CONQUERED AND SO MAKE HIMSELF RICH. HE CONQUERED A HUNDRED ACRES OF WOODED WILDERNESS BY THE HARD LABOR OF A HUSBANDMAN, SAW HIS CHILDREN COMFORTABLY SETTLED IN SIMILAR EMPLOYMENTS AND LIVED TO BEHOLD HIS
GREAT=GRANDCHILDREN. HIS RECORD INDICATES A COURAGES, HONEST INDUSTRIOUS AND PRIVATE CITIZEN. BURIED ON A HILL-TOP WITH HIS FAMILY OF HIS FARM IN A PRIVATE GRAVEYARD, SLIGO RD. ROLLINSFORD N.H. born abt.1652---1736 died.

2ND GENERATION PHILIP STACPOLE...WIFE MERCY THOMPSON CHILDREN 6 JOSHUA,JAMES,SARAH,LYDIA,WILLIAMPHILIP

3RD GENERATION JAMES STACPOLE...WIFE ELIZABETH PIERCE
7CHILDRENAARON,JAMES,WILLIAM,MARY,ABSALOM,JOHN STEVEN,LYDIA
4TH GENERATION STEVEN STACPOLE...WIFE ESTHER WARREN 15CHILDREN!
james,william,john,benjamin,ann,nathan,reubin mary, maria paul,eliza,esther,ichabod,dominicus,mary,edwin

5TH GENERATION JOHN STACKPOLE...WIFE PHILOMELA GRANT CHILDREN2 STEVEN, ABIGAIL

6TH GENERATION JOHN STACKPOLE...WIFE MARY L. GREY 4
CHILDRENJOHN,JOSIAH,MARTHA,CHARLES

7TH GENERATION CHARLES H. STACKPOLE...WIFE ANNIE CARTER 7 CHILDREN:MARTHA, ALBERT,GEORGE,CHARLES,
RACHEL,ULYSSESLEON** LEON, IS THE FATHER OF: ANITA,GLADYS,LESTER,EARL IS THE GRANDFATHER OF THEIR CHILDREN: ARLEEN, JEAN,EDWARD,CORNELIOUS,BERNARD JOSEPHINE BARBARALESTER,DONALD

8TH GENERATION LEON E. STACKPOLE...WIFE MABLE FITZGERALD (FOUR CHILDREN: GLADYS,ANITA,EARL,LESTER.

Stacpoole Family Tree

Simon Stacpoole (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stacpoole
I am very keen to find out information dating back relating to the name Stacpoole. I am aware of it's Irish (and possibly French) origins, but I wish to discover information regarding the last couple of centuries and the current locations of any other Stacpooles from around England / Great Britain.

ONLY Stacpole & Stackpole

lester (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT

sorry Simon...have no knowledge about STACPOOLE name
ONLY Stacpole & Stackpole's in NEW ENGLAND (USA) & S. Pembrookshire, Wales & Ireland area.
You are probably right about the name being Irish & French. (NORMANS). Also, look up Count George Stacpoole of Paris in the College of Heraldry, 1776. good luck, lester

spellings of stackpole

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2006 1:25PM GMT
Surnames: stackpole, stackpoole, stacpoole, stacpol, stakpohl, and various others
all the above names are the same and originated with sir richard at stackpole court in pembrookshiore wales (i visited the property and the village of stackpole.)
i have available copies of e.s.stackpoles "history of the stackpole family"

a good web page is --email--- stackpoole-owner@egroups.com

charles r.
Posted: 4 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: Nassau, Simpson, Manning
Hi

Is anyone familiar with the Stacpoole family from Essex. They are related to the Earl of Rochford line going back to the 10th Prince of Orange. They emigrated to Canada in 1887? and ended up as lawyers and judges in Manitoba and BC.They are also related to John Robarts who was the Premier of Ontario.

Thanks
Mike

Re: Stacpoole

ldrich (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2001 5:56PM GMT
Yes.

I am a member of that family. We can trace ourselves back to 1500 Ireland, in particular,Bartholomew Stacpoole, Baiiff of Limerick. Then a gap of about 300 years to Sir Elidor de Stacpoole of Wales.

Let me know.

Ralf Aldrich

CHARLES (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: stackpole

i have books one written (2nd edition) circ 1920 started 1885 approx. they are available. my stackpole in america traces back to james and to ireland. the book by e.s. stackpole covers back to stackpole court & sir richard quite well. be careful of that barthololmeu statement it is probably in question. do you have proof that we do not have?

the books are stackpole history & geneology $30.00
and my line stackpole in america 20.00 inc. postage.

i just found and added a 70 page addendum to the history book.

c.stackpole

Re: Stacpoole books referenced

books (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 3:50PM GMT

books can be ordered from
charles r. stackpole
17125-c w. blue mound rd.
box-124
brookfield, wi

Ralf Aldrich (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 4:25PM GMT
Well, lets see.

How about "Burke's Irish Family Records"
London
Burke's Peerage Ltd.
MCMLXXVI
Distributed in North America by ARCO PUBLISHING CO INC 219 Park Avenue South, New York NY 10003, USA

and "Stacpoole: The owners of a name - A family History"

John Stacpoole
Limited Addition.

Printed at Auckland New Zealand by Focus Printing Co. Ltd

Copyright: John Massy Stacpoole 1991.

Ralf Aldrich (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 4:37PM GMT
Michael.

Perhaps I should clarify my last message.
I am a dscendent of the Essex Stacpooles. My great grandfather Frank (Francis) Stacpoole immigrated to Canada with his entire grown up family in the 1800s and one of them bcame a judge in Winnipeg and one a doctor in alberta. One of his daughters is my grandmother.

Give me a shout.

Ralf
per page

Find a board about a specific topic