Search for content in message boards

Cook County Hospital records

Cook County Hospital records

Posted: 4 Aug 2004 12:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schmidt, Tickfer, Adams, Kruse, Jones, Hinsman
My gr grandmother's death certificate from 1929 indicates she died at Cook County Hospital, but I'm unable to read where she was buried at or who the undertaker was. I think the cemetery states "Cook Plot". Does anyone know if Cook County Hospital records dating back to 1929 are available? If so, who or where can I write to??

Thanks in advance,
Maggie

Re: Cook County Hospital records

Laura Schumacker (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2004 3:16AM GMT
What is your GGrandmothers name?

Maggie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2004 10:11PM GMT
The death certificate states Lena Schmitt (nee Adam), but I've seen these variations - Schmidt, Smith and Adams. She was born 13 Jan 1858 and died 4 Jan 1929.

Thanks, Maggie

p.s. The death cert informant was the hospital records...

Posted: 5 Aug 2004 6:52PM GMT
Do you have the capability to scan the death certificate and paste it here? Maybe someone here is familiar with the cemetery and will recognize the name.

Maggie (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2004 11:42PM GMT
I hope this turns out... Thanks, Maggie

Posted: 5 Aug 2004 11:48PM GMT
I guess it didn't work... Will try again on the weekend. M

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 2:13AM GMT
both my parents were born at cook county hospital. when transposing their records they changed both of my parents names. my mothers middle name was Katheran & they changed it to Catherine my fathers name ended with a "K" someone misread as an "H" these foolish but lazy errors made getting a licence ( in 2011 )or filing for SS (in 1998)nearly impossible! Clearly records from Cook County are not reliable. I have to make a trip there now to try and get them to fix there error for my father who lives out of state and the most intellegent resolution any of them have come up with is that he file an ammendment to change his other records to match the new birth certificate! How do you change your service records 60 years ago? maybe send it to Cook County?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions