Search for content in message boards

Looking for the Engle's

Looking for the Engle's

Posted: 28 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: Engle, Ingle
Looking for any information on the following people.
Henry Harrison Ingle/Engle, Martha Ingle/Engle, John Ingle/Engle and wife whose name has been given to me as just Lettie (Miller).
Martha was born May 19, 1883 John was born 1881.Henry was suppose to have been born in Virgina. No clue where Lettie came from.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You in advance.

Looking for the Engle's

Posted: 22 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Engle, Shepherd, Spurlock
In reply to Cindi DeWitt's posting of 28 Nov 1999, my grandmother, Ruth Engle was related to John and Henry Engle of Perry County, KY, although at the moment, I haven't been able to determine the exact relationship. According to what I do know, John Engle, born about 1881, had several boys, among them were Henry, Bill, John, Harrison, Bige, Ira and Fred. His daughters were Polly Jane, Martha, Lauraophia, and Nannie Bell.
John's father was Henry Engle, born about 1845. His mother was Jane Bailey. None of the information I have gives John's wife's name so it could be Lettie Miller, I just don't know. Martha Engle, John's sister married Green Bailey. Is the the family you are looking for? If so, I have some additional information I will be willing to share
Bill Shepherd

Re: Looking for the Engle's

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Engle
Hi, My grandmother was a Engle. Her father was George Engle, his father was John Henry Engle and his mother was Mary Noble. They were all from Perry Co. as far as I can tell. My grandmother is Bertha (Dolly) Engle Combs. I'd love to get more info on the family. If any of this clicks PLEASE get in contact with me.

Regards,
Pam

Posted: 5 Mar 2002 3:43PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2002 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Engle, Stacy/Stacey, Fugate, Bush
I too have an Engle in my family. My ggg-grandmothers name is Hulda Engle. She married James Stacy/Stacey. Their daughter Leanna/Leaner married Samuel Bush. They had 5 children: Hulda, Polly, Ida Mae, Shade, James (all Bush).
Samuel is the son of Jim/Joe Fugate & Polly Bush. From my understanding they had planned on getting married, but he died before they did. So from there we took on her maiden name.
If anyone see's names they recognize, please reply or email me at: xresex@hotmail.com.

Pam Arnold (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2002 5:05PM GMT
Hulda is the sister to my great grandfather George Engle, born Feb. ? 1885. His sister, Hulda was born July 1883. I don't think these are the same, as I am resonably sure Hula married a Bowling. There mom was Mary Noble and father John Henry Engle.

They are all from Kentucky.

Regards,
Pam

Posted: 8 Mar 2002 1:41AM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2002 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Engle, Stacy/Stacey, Fugate, Bush
ty so much for emailing me. I will look into this some more. Do u know if Hulda had any children? If so, did she have a daughter named: Leanna/Leaner. Mom said everyone called her Leaner, but I found a birth record of one of her children & it had her name listed as Leanna. I figure Leaner was like a nickname. Thanks again. :) Rita

Pam, about Hulda Engle

Posted: 25 Apr 2002 5:48PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2002 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Griffie, Griffith, Bolen, Engle
Hi Pam...
Hulda Engle Bolen was my Great Grandmother. She lived in Perry County on 'Lost Creek'. Her daughter Lucinda Bolen Collins was my Grandmother, she had married Jim Collins 'my Grandfather'. Well if we have the right Engle's then we are related since Hulda's brother George Engle is your Great Grandfather...
I have no idea about the Engle History... Right now I am researching my Collins side, and was planning on doing the Engle side asap... We all called Hulda Engle by "Ma", everyone called her Ma... she was indian for sure but like I said, I have not got to track down the Engle side as of yet.
If you have any info could you please send it to me at Kyhomeboy1@webtv.net. I didn't even know Hulda's parents names until I just read your posting.... Mary Noble and John Henry Engle would be my 2nd Great Grandparents as well as yours.
Thanks for the posting...
Your new found Cousin,
Jackie Collins

UPDATED:Re: Pam, about Hulda Engle

Posted: 26 Apr 2002 4:07PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2002 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: Engle Bolen Collins Griffie Griffith
Hi Pam...
Well we are on the right set of Engles, just contacted my family and my Great Grandmother 'Hulda Engle' did have a brother named George Engle, he was married to Peggy Gayhart whom I am assuming is your Great Grandmother. I knew Peggy, remember her very well when I was small, she used to come to Hulda's all the time and sit with her....She was a very sweet woman from what I can remember of her...
I sent you an email to your home address, write me back when you can and we'll chat some more. I have some pictures of Hulda that I can make copies of and send to you if you would like them.... Don't know if I have any of Peggy or not but my family may have some.
Hulda has 2 children still living right now, they live in Miami Fla,. Hulda also raised a child as if she was her own and she is still living, her name is Edd or that's what we called her, she lived with Hulda and took care of her til Hulda passed away.... Edd would be the one that would have all the pictures of Peggy, George, etc...
Well E me when you can. Kyhomeboy1@webtv.net
Jackie Collins
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions