Search for content in message boards

Studdiford Relatives, 1700s

Studdiford Relatives, 1700s

Austin Cooley (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Studdiford
I am looking for Studdifords in the 1700's. I am especially looking for a sea captain named John Studdiford who died in the West Indies on or after 1763.

Studdiford/Studdeford

Austin Cooley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Studdiford, Studdeford
I am looking for information on John Studdiford (or Studdeford), a sea captain who married Alida Burger on 11 March 1761 in New York City. He had a son Peter Studdiford, born in 1763. Soon after his son was born Captain John Studdiford sailed to the West Indies where he died of yellow fever.

Re: Studdiford/Studdeford

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 11:38AM GMT
Good morning,
My name is Matthew Richards. My mother's maiden name is Studdiford and Capt. John Studdifford would be my 5th great grandfather. I have very little information on him. I saw your post, as well as the date it was posted, 19 Jan 2001, and was wondering if you had found any additional information. I am also curious as how you relate to him and would be grateful for any additional information or images you might want to share. My tree is a work in progress, but I do have a fair amount of information as well as images that you may want to view concerning the Studdifords and associated branches. Contact me at your convenience and I will send you a "link" to my tree..........
Regards, Matthew.

Re: Studdiford/Studdeford

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2012 4:01AM GMT
Hello Matthew,,

I'm afraid I don't have much additional information of John Studdiford.

I am in the 7th generation since Captain John Studdiford, related through John's son Peter Studdiford. I understand that the captain died of yellow fever in the West Indies soon after his son Peter was born in New York. John married Catherine Brugher on March 11, 1761 at the First and Second Presbyterian Church in New York, NY. John may have originally have been from Penryn, Cornwall, England but I haven't found a definite confirmation of that.

An elderly Studdiford relative, Ellen Studdiford, died in Montclair NJ on May 5, 2004. She was 99 at the time. My sister lives in Montclair and had been trying to contact the family but without much success. It was said that there was an old trunk containing some old artifacts that belonged to Captain Studdiford. There hasn't been a follow-up since then.

I'll be interested to see your tree.

Austin C.Cooley
accooley@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions