Search for content in message boards

Researching the Leal family of Morayshire Scotland

Researching the Leal family of Morayshire Scotland

Posted: 31 Aug 2004 10:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leal
I would be interested in corresponding with anyone researching the Leal family from Banff, Forres and Elgin. Of particular interest are the ancestors of James (Henry?) Leal. I believe that he was a miller in the region. One of his children emigrated to the island of Mauritius in the late 1700s or early 1800s. I am a direct descendant of that line.

Cheers,

Rick

Re: Researching the Leal family of Morayshire Scotland

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2004 2:02PM GMT
Surnames: Le Guen - Leal
Frederick,

I was interested in reading your post message about the Leal that ended up in Mauritius. I found it facinating as not only am I Mauritius but I'm a Le Guen by birth as well. I would be keen to know which Le Guen branch you're from.

Cheers
Irene

Rick (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2004 12:43AM GMT
Bonjour Irene,

I am actually your cousin. Your grandfather was Joseph (Jo) and your Dad is Philippe. My grandfather was Stan (Stanislas), your grandfather's brother. My Dad is Guy and my Mum is Heather.

The last time I saw you and Anielle, you were both very small. I then left to study in the U.K. and subsequently came to Oz. I have been here approx. 25 years now. I live in Melbourne.

Je suis un mordu de la genealogie et ma base de donnees contient beaucoups d'information. Si tu veux en savoir plus contacte moi par e-mail ou par telephone (03 5977 9844).

Amities,

Rick(y)

Irene (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2004 7:06AM GMT
Hi Ricky,

it didn't click that you were Frederick as I've always known you as Ricky. You're right it's been a long time, I mean I'm now 30yrs old. Now it all makes sense. I would love to know more and find out what you've collected about the family, I will give you a call in a few days, thanks for the phone number.

Till then take care.
Irene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions