Search for content in message boards

Charles Franklin Davis

Charles Franklin Davis

Posted: 7 Oct 2001 5:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have just started the search of my family history. I am looking for any information regarding my great grandfather Charles Franklin Davis (1870-1935). His son John Dewey Davis(1903-?) was my grandfather. My mother Naomi Lee Davis Finley has given me some information that she has and Ive seen a few pictures. I would like to try and go back a little further though to Charles Franklins parents or even further if possible. I would really appreciate any infomation at all. Thank You, Connie Finley

Re: Charles Franklin Davis

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 7:56PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2002 4:11PM GMT
i am looking also for a charles davis born about 1867 in indiana, family says he dissapeared or left home. his parents were phillip davis and maggie fleming davis. , he had two brothere frances 1859, and james edmond 1875 two sisters mary 1869 and netty 1877. the family was living in brownville,nemaha nebraska in 1880 charles was 13 any information on this family will be appreciated.

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2002 3:20PM GMT
Where was Charles Davis born?

Connie Finley (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2002 4:28AM GMT
I dont really know when Charles Franklin Davis was born. His son John Dewey Davis was born in Mena Arkansas in 1903. So he was there at some point in his life. Ive heard it is possible that Charles Davis may have been born on the Trail Of Tears. Havent heard anything for sure yet.

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2002 7:00PM GMT
I am not sure if we share the same relative. The Charles Davis that I have info on was mostlikely born in Keshena, WI. His parents were John and Iequaw (Louise) Davis. John Davis is related to Jefferson Davis, he was born in VA and died in Wood, WI in 1893. He also spent 4 years in Libby Prison. Iequaw was a full blooded Menominee Indian, born in Keshena, WI. Her father was Setaminananny (River Man) he was also born in Keshena, WI.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic