Search for content in message boards

Pattinson: Joseph + Elizabeth Russell, Drigg, Cumberland

Pattinson: Joseph + Elizabeth Russell, Drigg, Cumberland

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2002 12:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Nov 2003 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: pattinson, knight, hanna,
I would be very grateful for any information regarding ancestors and/or descendants of the subject line.

I am a descendant of Ada I. PATTINSON... twin sister to Dora, who were two of at least nine children. Other siblings were:

Willy [died at an early age (15)], Anthony (stayed in England), Hannah (married to Sam Knight), Joseph, Emma (married Tom HANNA and moved to New Zealand), Isaac (came to Canada...no children), and Charles (came to Canada...married twice).

I would dearly love to make contact with living relatives.

My many thanks to Alberta... who has kindly given me the 1881 Census details.

Sincerely, Donna

Re: Pattinson: Joseph + Elizabeth Russell, Drigg, Cumberland

Posted: 15 Jul 2002 10:18PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2003 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: pattison,
Hi Donna,
May be able to help on you Joseph Pattison.
This is taken fronm the 1851 Census from Castleton Parish Roxburgh, Scotland .( It is Now Called Newcastleton)I have a Edward Pattison Age 78 & Betty Pattison Age 75 Both Born Cumberland i think Bewcastle Parish.(Brother And Sister U/M)
Can you give me any more information.
John Murray.

Re: Pattinson: Joseph + Elizabeth Russell, Drigg, Cumberland

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2002 8:33PM GMT
Thank you very much for your reply, John... and I do apologize for my poorly written inquiry that completely omitted dates!

The 1881 census (Drigg & Carleton, Cumberland) says that Joseph PATTINSON is 42 and Elizabeth (nee RUSSELL) is 41. The children range in age from 15 years to 7 months (one has not yet been born). Joseph was born in Low Mill, Cumberland and Elizabeth was born in Moor Row, Cumberland. They were married 1864 in Cleator, Cumberland. Elizabeth dies at an early age and Joseph remarries, but has no more children. I do not know the name of his second spouse.

I am very grateful for any clues... it both amazes and delights me to find that so many people, from around the world, will help complete strangers find their roots!

Best regards from Saskatchewan,
Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions