Search for content in message boards

DODGE COUNTY, WISCONSIN, PAST AND PRESENT,VOL. I, by Homer Bishop Hubbell, 1913

DODGE COUNTY, WISCONSIN, PAST AND PRESENT,VOL. I, by Homer Bishop Hubbell, 1913

Posted: 22 Aug 2003 12:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barber, Mosher, Cole, Patterson, Butterfield, Spike
Does anyone out there happen to have a copy of this book they wouldn't mind transcripting a bit of? I've tried interlibrary loan, and just can't get it. I'm looking for copies of these:
Barber, George, page 406
Cole, Philander, page 329
Mosher, John, page 329
Any help would be gratefully accepted. Best Regards, Cinda in CO

Re: DODGE COUNTY, WISCONSIN, PAST AND PRESENT,VOL. I, by Homer Bishop Hubbell, 1913

Posted: 23 Aug 2003 12:42PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2005 12:44AM GMT
Please keep me in mind for anything you find on the Pattersons in Dodge County--I keep running into deadends!

Re: DODGE COUNTY, WISCONSIN, PAST AND PRESENT,VOL. I, by Homer Bishop Hubbell, 1913

Cinda Marsh Hoffman (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2003 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Patterson, Cole, Spike
Sure, Sally. Hadn't heard from you in so long, I thought you'd finished up and forgotten me. What's your dead end now?
Cinda

Re: DODGE, WI - PATTERSON, SANDERS, SOUTHMAYD

Posted: 23 Aug 2003 4:08PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2005 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: PATTERSON, SOUTHMAYD, SANDERS
Have made no progress with any of my folks in Dodge County! William Sanders died about 1878, Southmayds moved to SD. A.B. Patterson seems to be the only one who stayed there. But continue to search for tidbits on all of them and hopefully eventually there will be more info online. We're moving to TX so will have more time to work on this.

George BARBER biography

Bob Mittelstadt (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2003 1:27PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: BARBER, Van BLARICUM
DODGE COUNTY, WISCONSIN, PAST AND PRESENT, VOL. I, by Homer Bishop Hubbell, 1913:
Page 406 - "George Barber was born in Erie county, New York, and lived there until 1845, when he bought two hundred acres of government land in Hustisford, on which he settled in 1846. The land was quite heavily timbered but he began clearing at once and broke ten acres the same summer. He worked for some time by the month both in Dodge and Walworth counties and by this means was able to have part of his farm broken, his labor being the means of payment. In 1848 he married Deborah M. Van Blaricum. He was a breeder of fine stock and in all was a progressive farmer."

Philander COLE biography

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 1:30PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: COLE, FOWLER
DODGE COUNTY, WISCONSIN, PAST AND PRESENT, VOL. I, by Homer Bishop Hubbell, 1913:
Page 329 - "Philander Cole came to Wisconsin from Vermont in January 1831, and settled in Rochester, Racine county, where he followed farming until the spring of 1845, then came to Dodge county and located in the town of Chester on a farm which he owned for many years. He was married in Racine county, in February, 1838, to Nancy, daughter of Benjamin and Nora Fowler, and to get his marriage license he walked from Rochester to Racine, a distance of twenty-five miles, in one day and back, with snow six to eight inches deep and no track."

John MOSHER biography

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: MOSHER, McGRENNELL, WILLIAMS, DUTTON
Page 329-330 - "John Mosher was born in Ohio, and came to Wisconsin in October, 1843, remaining about a year, when he returned to Ohio. In the fall of 1845 he again came to Wisconsin and settled in the town of Chester. In 1849 he purchased a farm and moved on it in 1851. He had served the people of the community in various offices. In December, 1840, Mr. Mosher was married to Julia McGrennell of Waupun. She died in 1862, and in 1864 Mr. Mosher married Mrs. Sophia Williams, of Waupun. She was the daughter of Allen and Sophia Dutton. The Mosher farm was partially devoted to the raising of Milch cows and the manufacture of butter."

the Biographies

Cinda Marsh Hoffman (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2003 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Barber, Cole, Patterson, Mosher
Thanks so much for your help...Best Regards, Cinda in CO

Re: Philander COLE biography

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 11:14PM GMT
Is this all it said about Philander?
Jackie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions