Search for content in message boards

Archibald CAMERON - b 1804, Isle of Mull, Scotland

Archibald CAMERON - b 1804, Isle of Mull, Scotland

Kenny Gray (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2003 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cameron, Curry, McLean
Any links to Archibald Cameron b. 1804 Torosay, Argyll. Father Allan Cameron details unknown. Mother Janet Curry details unknown. Archibald married Flora McLean details unknown. His three brothers were were John, Ean and Duncan. Ean and John may have been twins,as both were born in 1799. Duncan was born i 1802. I would appreciate any help.

Re: Archibald CAMERON - b 1804, Isle of Mull, Scotland

Lynne Sutherland (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2003 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Cameron, Curry, Currie
I am descended from Allan Cameron and Janet Curry (Currie) They had 8 children Ean was a twin but with Janet and they were born 12/1/1799, John 14/12/1799, Duncan 18/2/1802, Archibald 15/3/1804, Anne 13/7/1806, Allan 19/1/1809 and Samuel 25/6/1811. I am descended from Samuel.

Kenny Gray (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2003 7:44AM GMT
Surnames: Cameron
Hi Lynne
Thanks for contacting me. I would be interested in swaping any info you have on the Camerons. As I still live in the Argyll area of Scotland I am constantly seeking new sources of information.
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/g/r/a/Kenneth-A-G... Have a look at this webpage and you might see something that interests you.Thanks for your reply. Kenny

Lynne Sutherland (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2003 9:14AM GMT
Thanks for replying so quickly. I have loads of info re Samuel and descendants and some on other family members. I will pull together some info and send it to you. Have you looked at the camerononline web page as a Robert Allan Cameron is also descended from Alexander's line?

Kenny Gray (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2003 5:29PM GMT
Thanks Lynne. My e-mail address is kenni.gray@tesco.net

Posted: 26 Jun 2007 6:54PM GMT
I'm searching for information on John B Cameron (1799-1877), married to Sarah. They lived in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada, presumably immigrated from Scotland. If its the same family, I have much information to share on descendents. I'm not having much luck in tracing back John B's family lines.

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 5:00AM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2008 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: Cameron, Currie
Hello, I am also descendant of Peter 1951, son of Samuel 1811, Mull, son of Allan Cameron and Jannet Currie. I would love to find out some family stories or history. I wonder why Allan and Jannet are so difficult to find any more info other than Mull genealogy site. Happy hunting, Marilyn.

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 10:55PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2009 4:21AM GMT
Surnames: Cameron, McLean, Kemp, Clow
I am surprised you need help researching my uncle Archibald Cameron (1804-1874), his family is very well documented online, as is that of his wife Flora McLean. All you really have to do is search in google and plenty of information comes up, one of our cousins has even written up biographies of Archibald and some of his children and grandchildren online. Though his claim that Archibald was head gamekeeper to the Duke of Argyll is something certainly disputed by my side of the family, I grew up among people who actually remembered these people, their children and grandchildren, so I take issue with some some of the claims people make online about them. For instance Zoe Kemp, here on Ancestry, a descendent like me of Samuel Cameron (1811-1886) continually makes claims about the the parentage of Samuel's wife Mary Clow which are patently incorrect. My great-grandfather Cameron knew Mary Clow's parents names without having to look-up any documents, and among our family papers are the death certificates of Mary Clow herself and two of her brothers, all of which prove my great-grandfather right and Zoe Kemp wrong, so while you will find plenty of information online,it is not all correct, and you should always check it.

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 5:48PM GMT
Edited: 10 Nov 2009 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: Cameron, McLachlan, Curry, Campbell
Anne McLachlan (nee Cameron, daughter of Allan Cameron & jannet Curry, born 1806 Torosay) was my great great grandmother. She had 4 children: Alexander (my great grandfather) Flory, Anne & Janet. Alexander went to New Zealand in approx 1860. He settled in Otago, married Sarah Campbell (also from Mull) had 5 sons and 1 daughter and died in 1886. Most of his descendants still live in NZ or Australia. I live in London.
I think Allan Cameron was born about 1765 and Jannet Curry 1779. I really would be extremely interested to learn anything about this Cameron family.

Posted: 11 Nov 2009 2:36PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2009 7:07PM GMT
Positive we are related - email me privately
ccameronphd@comcast.net

Cathy Cameron -Pittsburgh, PA USA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions