Search for content in message boards

Help a rookie

Help a rookie

Posted: 7 May 2012 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I am new to family researching and I am not sure where to go next with my quest. I only have names of grand parents but nothing further. My maternal grand mother seems to have been an orphan, she only knew where she was born (North Carolina) and recalls a train ride then living with new people, she is listed as a servant at the age of 6 years old.
Where do I go from here?
any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks

Re: Help a rookie

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 9:34PM GMT
I suggest you re-post this request on the general bulletin board, including all known information about your grandparents (assuming they are no longer living to protect privacy).

There are many volunteers like myself who enjoy digging into the past and helping others do research.

Do you know when and where your grandparents were married? You can send for a copy of their marriage certificate.

Do you have an exact birth date for your grandmother? There are ways to search for a birth record using that exact date.

If you add information, either on this bulletin board or the main one, I would be very happy to help you search (for free, of course).

You have a couple of women in your online family tree, but I don't know which one is your maternal grandmother.

Beth
not related

Re: Help a rookie

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 9:52PM GMT
Is your maternal grandmother Myrtle Lowder?

1900 Indiana Henry County, Wayne Township
June 9

KEERNS [written as I decipher the spelling], Isaac F., head, white, male, born August 1829, age 70, married 42 years. Born North Carolina, parents born NC. Farmer

KEERNS, Susanah J., wife, white, female, born May 1838, age 62, 3 children born with 1 still living. Born NC, parents born NC

KEERNS, Robert F., son, white, male. Born June 1862, age 37, divorced. Born North Carolina, parents born NC. Farmer

LOWDER, Myrtle, servant, white, female. Born April 1884, age 16, single. Born North Carolina, both parents born NC. Attending school.

-------------------------

Is this the correct person? Can you add more info?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions