Search for content in message boards

Alma Turner, Belton, TX

Alma Turner, Belton, TX

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a portrait painted of Alma Turner as a young girl. The framing was done by a firm in Belton, TX. A Baylor University 1927 yearbook shows an Alma Turner who could possibly be the same person. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd love to return the painting to her family...

Re: Alma Turner, Belton, TX

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 3:07AM GMT
I do not know if she is a relative, but would be very interested in learning anything you find out. My grandmother, Mary Ina Turner, was born in Belton, Texas in about the 1880's. Her mother passed away when she was 10 and she never appeared to know much about her family. I do
know her father was John O'Banda Turner.
Please let me know if you think they could be related from
your information. My grandfather also went to Baylor.
Thank you.
annya@satx.rr.com

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 3:07AM GMT
I do not know if she is a relative, but would be very interested in learning anything you find out. My grandmother, Mary Ina Turner, was born in Belton, Texas in about the 1880's. Her mother passed away when she was 10 and she never appeared to know much about her family. I do
know her father was John O'Banda Turner.
Please let me know if you think they could be related from
your information. My grandfather also went to Baylor.
Thank you.
annya@satx.rr.com

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 1:06PM GMT
Surnames: Turner
I found a couple photos of an Alma Turner here on Ancestry in the yearbooks section, Baylor U., about 1927. You might want to review them. Alma was in the Three Arts Club there.

The only reason I think the painting is of Alma Turner is because that name is written in pencil on the back. The hand is large and childlike, which could indicate a child, or even an elderly person, wrote it. I cannot find an artist's signature on the front. The work could be OF Alma, BY Alma, or just written on by or about Alma??? Since the Alma at Baylor was into the arts, maybe she even painted it. The style is kind of primitive and simple.

The framing is by Grays, "The Quality Shoppe" of Belton, TX, so maybe there is a link there. Knowing the dates that Grays shop(pe) worked might give a clue as to the time period of the possible Turner subject painting...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic