Search for content in message boards

Entering "stories" changes

Entering "stories" changes

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 4:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Sep 2012 4:15PM GMT
I see they have changed this, and not for the better.

I used to be able to right click and paste into the story area. Now, I cannot right click and paste. I use ctrl-v, but does the average person know about this?

In the font, I used to be able to hit G character and it dropped down to Georgia font - can't do that any more - have to scroll down and select with the mouse.

Then when I pasted the text, if there were paragraph breaks, after I clicked submit, it still had paragraph breaks. Now I have to go in an put in 3-4 paragraph breaks in order to have a paragraph break appear in the final story.

Why oh why do they fiddle with something that was working just fine, and actually better than now!

Why don't they spend time instead on fixing problems instead?

Re: Entering "stories" changes

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 9:41PM GMT
"Why don't they spend time instead on fixing problems instead?"

They believe creating things is better than fixing things.. so they create problems!
*GRIn*

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 1:57AM GMT
Mayor Richard J. Daley, 1968: "We are not here to create disorder; we are here to preserve disorder!"

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 6:08PM GMT
I can still right click and paste. I think you just have to left click at the top left hand part of the story area, to get the cursor at the top left, BEFORE you right click.

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 7:13PM GMT
They recently "broke" story formatting while fixing something else.

When I reported the loss of all formatting, this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting Ancestry.com regarding the formatting on stories.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Essentially, what happened is that our developers were fixing a preexisting issue with the formatting of stories and inadvertently messed up the formatting for all stories on the site. They're working to fix the issue and should have it done soon. We apologize for the mistake, and we're working to have it fixed. Thank you."

That was on August 21, and the formatting is still broken .....

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 4:40AM GMT
I have observed that their "soon" does not coincide with my concept of "soon." :) I reported missing images for two death certificates about 3 years ago and it has never been fixed.

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 4:07PM GMT
It's now been 11 days since the "soon" fix post was made above and this issue is still not fixed!

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 4:11PM GMT
"It's now been 11 days since the "soon" fix ..."

The problem here is that you're counting in Days. Try switching to Years.

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 4:23PM GMT
It's actually been longer that it has been broken. I first noticed it on August 13, and the response from Tech Support is dated August 21.

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 3:04PM GMT
And a new non-response from Tech Support this morning .....

"Thank you for contacting Ancestry.com regarding the story option in the Ancestry Member Trees.

We apologize for any frustration this issue may have caused and appreciate your feedback. We have forwarded your message on to our developers for consideration."

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions