Search for content in message boards

Joseph Harrison m Ann Bawls

Joseph Harrison m Ann Bawls

Posted: 20 Oct 2007 1:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harrison, Bawls, Bentley
I would like to compare info with you. We know that we connect to Isaiah Harrison the immigrant, since one of our known Harrison men did the dna test. Our earliest Harrison we have information is Joseph Harrison SR who married Ann Bawls in 1762 in Rowan County NC. We believe his father was named John. Their son Joseph Jr born 1768 married Drucilla Bentley daughter of Benjamin Bentley and Jane ? AM willing to share all information on Joseph's descendants. Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
Brenda Harrison Steele

Re: Joseph Harrison m Ann Bawls

Posted: 22 Nov 2007 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Harrison, Bawls, Millsaps
My wife is descended from Joseph Harrison and Ann Bawls through their daughter Mary who married Thomas Millsaps in 1784 in Wilkes County, North Carolina. I find the DNA test showing relationship to Isaiah Harrison interesting. So far I have not been able to connect Joseph to Isaiah. Why do you believe John Harrison was Joseph's father?

Posted: 22 Nov 2007 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: Harrison
We never thought we were connected to Isaiah until the DNA test was done. As far as John being Joseph's father. I believe we had some deeds or something that Had a John Harrison mentioned in the Deed. However, we have not been able to go anywhere with that. In the "Settlers of the Long Gray Trail" Milsaps is mentioned right along with the Harrisons. We just found out that we belong to the Isaiah Line, so we are trying to make that connection now. My grandfather always said that the family was related to the Presidents. Isaiah and his children went to Va. My grandfather told my Dad that there were 4 brothers that left Va. One went to KY, One to TN, one to IL and one to TX. I know that Joseph's GG Grandson was a minister and was in TX at one time in the early 1900's. I can't imagine him going to TX with his family (my grandfather) if they didn't have family there. Our descendants of Joseph who married Ann Bawls migrated right along with Milsaps, Bradshaws, and some other surnames that go along with Isaiah. Let me know what you think and where your research has led you. Is Bawls the correct spelling for Ann? Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

Brenda Harrison Steele

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: Harrison, Stewart, Biles
Who was tested for Harrison DNA and what was concluded?

I am making progress on the ancestry of Joseph Harrison who married Ann Biles. I think he was a grandson of Isaiah Harrison, born 1689, who left Virginia about 1750 and moved into Rowan County, N.N. along with Samuel Stewart and wife Lydia Harrison, sister to the above Isaiah Harrison. David and Samuel Stewart, sons of Lydia and Samuel Sr. posted bond for the Harrison/Biles marriage. I think their mother, Lydia, was a great aunt of Joseph who married Ann Biles. There is some documentation for this.

Posted: 27 Nov 2007 12:43AM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2013 2:27PM GMT
Sounds like you are making some headway. The person tested would have been a GGGG Grandson of Joseph and Ann Biles/Bawls Harrison. The first 12 markers were matched 12 for 12 to the Isaiah Harrison Group. We are still waiting for the rest of the markers to come in. The Stewarts married into our line of Harrisons on many occasions. Keep me posted. You may email me at steelemagnolia@gmail.com.
Thanks
Brenda Harrison Steele

Lydia Stewart

Posted: 7 Feb 2008 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
I am interested in learning more about your documentation that Lydia Stewart was a great-aunt to Joseph Harrison who md. Ann Bawls or Biles, and a sister to Isaiah Harrison, Jr. I've spent a number of years researching on Samuel and Lydia Stewart, and am sympathetic to your position based on circumstantial evidence.

Re: Lydia Harrison Stewart

Posted: 8 Feb 2008 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Harrison, Stewart
At this point we are only guessing with a little education that Lydia Harrison Stewart may be Joseph's aunt. In the book SETTLERS OF THE LONG GRAY TRAIL we got the info on Lydia being Isaiah's sister. What info do you have on her. Let me hear from you.
Brenda Harrison Steele

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: harrison
I am a direct descendent of Joseph Harrison grandson of Isaiah Harrison. No clear records of Joseph's birth. Are you certain that he was indeed the son of John Harrison, son of Isaiah. Looking for any information and/or photos.
ddianna45@yahoo.com

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Harrison Bawls
No, I do not know anything about John being Joseph's ancestor. At one time we were trying to connect Joseph who married Ann Bawls to a John. Nothing found. A Few years ago, through DNA we proved that we connect to Isaiah through all markers. Just how to make the link we don't know. Joseph who married Ann Bawls was b. abt 1740 married Ann 1762. Hopefully when we put all our heads together, we can find the link. I have no pictures until much later.
Keep in touch.
Brenda Harrison Steele

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 3:10AM GMT
This is my lineage and if you have any pictures of my family I would love to see them:
Joseph Harrison - Anne Bawls
Joseph Harrison - Drucilla Bentley
Joseph Harrison - Nancy Price
Nathaniel Harrison 1824 - 1891 Caldwell Co. NC
Benjamin Calvin Harrison 1844 - 1894 Caldwell Co NC
Joseph Nathan Harrison 1877 - 1939 Caldwell Co NC
Jaheu Chasteen Harrison 1909 - 1965 Caldwell Co NC
Mary Louise Harrison (Elrod) - 1936
Dianna Jean Elrod (Dalton) - 1953

Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions