Search for content in message boards

Coal mines, Leavenworth, KS

Coal mines, Leavenworth, KS

Posted: 3 Jul 2001 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rynazewski
My great-grandfather Joseph Rynazewski was a coal miner in Leavenworth,KS, roughly between 1890 and his death in 1912. Is there any information on the coal mines and miners?

Re: Coal mines, Leavenworth, KS

SConnelly (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2004 7:00AM GMT
I just recently saw your message. I once saw a Kansas site regarding the coal mines, and if you are still interested I will try to find it again. My grandfather worked in a coal mine north of the City of Leavenworth, near the Missouri River. He worked in the mine in the early 1890's.

Doni Fry (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2004 12:55PM GMT
Surnames: Rynazewski, Zuchowski
Yes, I am still very interested. My great-grandfather and other members of his family worked the Leavenworth coal mines from the late 1890's into the early 1900's. My great grandfather died in 1913 from blood poisoning, which I feel sure came from a mine-related accident.

Thank you so much for responding.

Posted: 4 Feb 2012 7:50PM GMT
I am looking for information on my greatgrandfather Michael Price who was killed in a mine cave-in around Leavenworth Ks in the early 1900s. Would like to find out when it happened and any information about it.

Posted: 6 May 2013 7:00AM GMT
My aunt and uncle and cousins lived on Muncie Road in Leavenworth. She told me that all the houses on that road were built for miners. They are different sorts of houses, definitely very basic and small. I don't know how much that info can help you but I believe it is accurate information. It makes sense and my aunt was a reliable source of information. They have been modified somewhat but you can still see that they started out with bare minimums like you might expect for example, agricultural workers. Just a tip.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions