Search for content in message boards

Passmore/Cook families, MI

Passmore/Cook families, MI

Louise (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Passmore, Cook
Lavina Passmore Cook, (former Mrs. Sam Cook), marr. 1874 in Van Buren Co, MI to Lafayette Cook. She had a dau. Emma, probably by former marr. to Sam Cook. What happened to Lafayette? Lavina and Emma are buried in Van Buren Co., where is Lafayette? Is Sam a bro. of Lafayette?

Lavina Passmore b. Cornwall, Eng., immigrated to Canada with parents and siblings ca. 1841. Have much on Passmore family. Lavina lived in area Rochester NY in 1851. Don't know where she marr. Sam Cook.

Are there any descendants of Lavina?

Re: Passmore/Cook families, MI

Posted: 14 Jul 2007 11:23AM GMT
Surnames: Passmore Rowe
Hello Louise,have been reading one of your messages again,I know you have been researching Passmores for many years,so I figured that your roots must start in the mid 1800s from ggm Passmores brothers.I remember being in contact with you in the Blue names book days.Had to give up because of the farm and my husbands illness,and as a widow have had ups and downs,the latest being my daughters emigration to QLD australia.So have turned back to family history,there must be some threads out there somewhere,tho I am getting rather desparate as I am now 75. Have discovered letters from a lady named Harriet Rowe on the www,naming her brothers and those that died in Cornwall.Also that her father was a non conformist minister,the family travelled to various places,so the children where born in various counties,have thought that this is why my roots are so difficult to find. If any thing becomes clear will send on to you ,sincerely Rosemary

Posted: 14 Jul 2007 11:23AM GMT
Surnames: Passmore Rowe
Hello Louise,have been reading one of your messages again,I know you have been researching Passmores for many years,so I figured that your roots must start in the mid 1800s from ggm Passmores brothers.I remember being in contact with you in the Blue names book days.Had to give up because of the farm and my husbands illness,and as a widow have had ups and downs,the latest being my daughters emigration to QLD australia.So have turned back to family history,there must be some threads out there somewhere,tho I am getting rather desparate as I am now 75. Have discovered letters from a lady named Harriet Rowe on the www,naming her brothers and those that died in Cornwall.Also that her father was a non conformist minister,the family travelled to various places,so the children where born in various counties,have thought that this is why my roots are so difficult to find. If any thing becomes clear will send on to you ,sincerely Rosemary

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 11:04PM GMT
I recognized your name. I have been largley inactive in my own genealogy as my job is a staff genealogist. I am 72 and work two days a week at a library and the third day a week I write a genealogy column for the largest county daily newspaper.

My roots in Cornwall began with the immigrant Thomsa Passmore and wf. Mary Williams Passmsore. They and their children immigrated to Canada in 1941/42. They were non-conformists at one time, don't think for long. I had traced their linage back another number of years in Cornwall, UK, but can't remember the year, perhaps late 1600s or mid to late 1700s. Someone in that earlier famaily did own a property in London. It might have been on the Williams branch.

Must close for now and do my column.

Louise Passmore Legeza

Posted: 22 May 2008 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: legeza
Hi Louise, I am back searching. I may be onto something. THe road leads to a Sneyd family ,Luther and Maude who had a son, Norman and a son Glen, killed in WW11. He was either married to my mother Ethel Rose Legeza or her sister Barbara. Ethel is listed on my birth certificate as a Sneyd and me as a Legeza. I was born April 1941, Glen elisted in June of same year. She lists herself as a house wife but lists me as illegitment. His parents are Luther and Maude,her parents are Bertha and Alex.A sister Barbara, a brother Alex. Ethel bn.1919 and I think Glen the same. Can you help again ? I wish I could get ahold of a marriage license or thingthing putting this two together. thanks, Penny Szeman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions