Search for content in message boards

Schroeder

Schroeder

Shirley Bawden (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schroeder
Looking for living relatives of ERNESTINE SCHROEDER, deceased, for a non- internet friend of mine. Ernestine's granddaughter says that the SCHROEDER family lived in/near Paynesville, MN. My friend's father, s/o Ernestine was born ca. 1885, emigrated to Canada which is how the family lost touch with the MN Schroeders. Peggy is also interested in learning about any of the deceased SCHROEDER family members.

Thank you.
Posted: 23 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 6:14PM GMT
Shirley,
There are two Schroeder families listed in the 1931 farmers Directory of Stearns County.

Toby Schroeder and two children, Benedict, Andrew, Adella, Lorraine, Rosy, Annie and Henry. The last three children listed are not living at home. They own 198 acres in section 12 of Munson Township which is adjacent to Paynesville Township and have been there 64 years.

Ben H. Schroeder and wife Florence Schultz. Four children, Arthur, Virginia, Dorothy, Audrey. They rent 159 acres in Section 12 of Paynesville Township from the Emelia Schroeder Estate and have been there 12 years.

Re: Schroeder

Posted: 24 Feb 2007 6:26PM GMT
I am a Canadian Schroeder (nee Cunningham) My husband is a descendant of the Simon Schroeder line : Simon born in 1817 in West or S. Russia, his son Kornelius born 1844 in S. Russia, his son Cornelius born 1870 Russia, his son Abraham and siblings in Blumenthal/Altona, Manitoba Canada 1900.
Abrahams siblings, are Cornelius Born 1899, Agnes 1902, Katherine 1905, Helena born 1909, John 1912.
Dennis, my husband is son of Abraham.
Hope this line is of help to you. Esther

Blumenthal Altona

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 2:56AM GMT
Esther, I am not a potential Schroeder relative but I am intrigued by your reference to Blumenthal/Altona in Manitoba. I am trying to find the origins of German/Danish ancestors - the Nelsen family - who named their homes and farm after these locations and where we understand our German/Danish ancestor was born - 'Bloomdale', or Blumenthal. Is there a site or a council I can contact to track down the origins of this name combination Blumental/Altona. Altona I know to have been absorbed over time by Hamburg, but there are many Blumenthals and I'd love to narrow down where this one was. Please help out a desperate family historian ;) Cheers, Doug Hartley, Australia

Re: Blumenthal Altona

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 10:31PM GMT
The Schroeder ancestry came from Prussia to Canada in the 1800's and it was at Blumenthal, Manitoba Canada, that my husbands father was born in 1900.
It might help you to contact :
www. mennonitechurch.ca/programs/archives.
or aredekopp@mennonitechurch.ca
Mr. Redekopp is very obliging and can probably direct you where to research for ancestry.
I had difficulty this a.m. trying to respond to your message so thought I'd try again, and voila ! it worked.
My e-mail is deschroeder@shaw.ca
Blumenthal and Altona are both small centres in the province of Manitoba and that is in the area where the Bergthal Mennonites came to from Prussia/Russia.
We are in British Columbia , on the west coast of Canada.
Esther.

Posted: 4 Jun 2009 3:51AM GMT
Toby Schroeder and family was a resident of Munson Township, Stearns County, MN
grannyblue27@yahoo.com

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 9:37PM GMT
I believe I have a family photo of Fred H. Schroeder of Paynesville,MN. My email is.wrong in my profile.don't know.how to change. Kristen.Carlisle@sdstate.education is email. Picture was sent to my great great grandparent Steven Carlisle in Lindwood, MN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic