Search for content in message boards

CATHEY, CAMPBELL, BLALOCK, DAVIS, RICE

CATHEY, CAMPBELL, BLALOCK, DAVIS, RICE

Mary M. Chambless (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 May 2006 7:53AM GMT
My CATHEY, BLALOCK, CAMPBELL,DAVIS and RICE Ancestors were all from Buncombe County. The CATHEY was George B. CATHEY, Wife Sarah RICE, (dau. of Spencer RICE). Their Daughters, Elizabeth Lucinda "Cindy" and Sarah Cathey married Blalock Brothers, James Madison and William Blalock. Later moved to Union County, Georgia. My Great Grandfather, Wilson Bartow Davis, married Sarah Lucinda Blalock, dau. of James Madison and Elizabeth Lucinda (Cathey) Blalock, (she was his cousin). Wilson Bartow Davis' mother was Hannah Campbell.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Mary M. Chambless machamok@brightok.net

DAVIS, FORE

Ellen Byrne (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Re your DAVIS query. Jesse FORE m 1815, Buncombe Co. Nancy DAVIS (?). No proof that was her maiden name. By 1840 they were in the Union Co GA census. 1850 Pulaski Co Ky census. Nancy was b ca 1787. Around 1852 she went to TX with some of her children, d Oct 1882, Parker Co Tx. Jesse went back to GA and married Sarah KING GARRET NIX/NICKS. Ellen Byrne, dande@tds. net

Re: DAVIS, FORE

Mary M. Chambless (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 7:54AM GMT
I am sorry, Ellen, but I cannot help you. My DAVIS family did not leave Buncombe County, for Union County, Georgia until about 1848. Please Read the Union County Ceneus for 1850/ Almost half of the population of that county was from North Carolina. That census and others for Union County are on line. Buncombe County, North Carolina has always been said to have been our ancestral home. Mary M. Chambless machamok@brightok.net
Posted: 6 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 7:56AM GMT
Dear Mary, I understand that the Catheys & Deavers are kin, so hello cousin. My Cathey file is coming to your email address. Hope the info helps.
Joan Deaver

Catherine Cathey & Hugh Rogers

B Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 8:01AM GMT

Another duaghter of George Barius Cathey and Sarah Rice was Catherine Cathey (1807 - 1900). She was my gggrandmother and married Hugh Rogers. They lived in Haywood Co. which was formed from Buncombe in 1808.

Re: Cathey

Regina O. Armentrout (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 7:57AM GMT
Surnames: Cathey, Mathis
My great great grandparent's were John Harlin Mathis and Sarah Haseltine Cathey from Jackson county. Her parent's were Jame's N. Cathey and Elizabeth Brown from Bucombe county I think. Is there any connection?

Regina O. Armentrout

James N. CATHEY

Posted: 14 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2003 1:58AM GMT
Dear Regina, I looked up James N. CATHEY in the 900-page book, "The DEVER & Related Families," by Penny & O. D. LINDER, McClain Printing Co., 212 Main St., Parsons, WV 26287, 1998. On p. 172 I found "...CATHEY..."James Newton, b. Dec. 4 1847, in Ark.; d. Nov. 13, 1906 in Calif.; never m." But there are 22 other CATHEY'S in the book too.
You can reach Penny LINDER at Penlin304@aol.com

Cathey Store Information

Posted: 18 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 7:59AM GMT
I have extensive info on a store owned by a Colonel Joseph Cathey in the Pigeon River Valley at Silver Bluff and a good bit of history on Cathey in general rather by accident from researching my mother's Burnette family who purchased their goods from the store, worked at the mill etc...
The Cathey's may have originated in Buncombe but the store and mill were in Haywood Co. Do let me know if this is of any interest.

All best, Jennie King

George B. Cathey

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 8:02AM GMT
George Barius Cathey - Sarah Rice are my 4 great grandparents. I have 8 children listed and some info. but nothing on Sarah or Elizabeth (which I would like )
George's parents - William Cathey - Rebeca Holeman
William's parents - Andrew Cathey - Rebecca ?
Andrew's parents - James Cathey - Ann ?

Please e-mail me personally NUG13@aol.com as I amy not see your post.
Nancy

Cathey

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2006 7:59AM GMT
Jennie,

I have 5 Joseph Catheys in my tree from that area but do not know if any was a colonel. I also have 6 Burdettes that married a Cathey. E-mail me and we can share info.
Nancy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic