Search for content in message boards

Lester/Pagan/Freeman

Lester/Pagan/Freeman

Posted: 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Oct 2002 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: Lester, Pagan, Freeman
I am searching for my Great grandparents. James David Pagan 1879-1925 m. Lucy Mae Lester 1881-1939. Either could have come from Floyd County. Also Sarah Ann Freeman m. William Floyd Spence of Carroll Co. Need info on James, Lucy and Sarah. Any info will be appreciated.
Thank you!

Re: Lester/Pagan/Freeman

Posted: 3 Dec 2005 5:48PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2007 9:12PM GMT
Surnames: O'Briant, Williams, Royster, Freeman, Ellixson, Pool, Sanford, Weaver
Sarah Freeman, b. abt. 1839 Person Co., NC

We have a Sarah Freeman in our line. I have not been able to locate anything about her. Her mother was Matilda Freeman, b. abt. 1839, and Sarah was born abt. 1865 in Person Co., NC. When did your Sarah marry?
In the 1880 census Matilda Gravet was listed, age 44, widowed, and her four daughters last names were recorded as Freeman. Matilda Freeman was the d/o George Freeman and Jane (Unknown). Sarah was the d/o William H.O'Briant and Matilda Freeman.
I hope we can exchange family information.
Joanne O'Briant

Janice Robertson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2005 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: Spence, Pagan, Lester, Freeman, Shupe, Ellisor, Wages
HI,
Your Sarah is a about two generations older than mine, but that may not matter..they may still be related. I am REALLY interested in your Surname ELLIXSON. I have Ellisor/Ellison/Elizer/Eleazer/ you name the spelling and I've got them, but I have never seen it spelled that way. I do think both need further investigation. I am elated that someone responded 6 years after the posting! Please contact me directly at my email address JSR91952@aol.com and let's see if any connections can be made.

Kathy Fulcher (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2005 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: ELLISOR
I saw your message when it was gatewayed to the Floyd Co. VA list. Don't know if this will help you in any way, but there are a number of ELLISORs down in our part of the country (NW Florida Panhandle.) If you need more info, e-mail me and I can direct you to one Ellisor that I know. They are no kin to me, but the name struck me because I haven't seen it anywhere but down here. Hope that helps.

Janice Robertson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2005 12:54AM GMT
Thank you Kathy, I would love to get in touch any Ellisors. I only know of the lines in SC, TX, AL and one in Florida.

Kathy Fulcher (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2005 1:29AM GMT
Surnames: ELLISOR
I sent you a message to your e-mail address. If you don't get it, reply here and I'll try again.

Kat

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Carper, O'Bryant, Neese, Pagan
Joanne, Hi. I find this posting to be a very curious one for me. My family is from Pulaski, VA. One of my gggrandmother's sister was married to John W. Pagan. Lester was an associated family also. Their last names were O'briant. My grandmother's grandmother was Mary Ellen O'Briant. Her sister was Rosa Zettia O'Briant Pagan. Her children married Lesters. They were both daughters of Francis O'Briant (b. 1822 Granville, NC, and their mother was Mary Ann Reynolds Richardson O'Briant. I have been trying to trace Francis to his family for years now. Sounds like we are related.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 2:05AM GMT
Thank you for the family information...I was happy to hear from you....
.....hope wse can find a family connection!!!!

I have a PHILLIP O'BRIANT,b. abt. 1781 d. (no date - just that he died in Orange Co., NC). s/o PATRICK O'BRIANT, b. 1740 (was told PATRICK was born in Ireland). Our PHILLIP married LUCIE BRESSSIE 12/5/1801.
LUCIE was the d/o FRANCIS b. 1751 Lunenberg Co., VA and SARAH ROYSTER BREESIE.
PHILLIP AND LUCIE had one son, named FRANCIS BREESIE O'BRIANT, b. 1807.

I do have FRANCIS O'BRIANT in my program, he married three times: ELEANOR ALFORD, abt 1846,(5 children).
MARY ANN REYNOLDS, January 1867 and (2 children.
MARTHA ANN BULLARD, abt. 1875. (1 child).

Not sure how FRANCIS O'BRIANT is connected to our line, I don't have early information on him. Do you have any earlier info on the family that you can share with me?

Most Sincerely,
Joanne

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 2:15AM GMT
Yes, your Francis with the 3 wives is the same as mine. His father was also named Phillip, but his mother's name was Nancy. It could be a son from another wife or even a grandchild of your Phillip. We have this info from one of his 3 marriage licenses. And he was born in Granville too. My line is through Mary Ann (Reynolds) Richardson. Their 2 daughters married a Carper and a Pagan. All lived in Pulaski Co. Wish I found more on Francis though...........I don't think he was born out of wedlock because of the O'Briant is listed as his and his father's name.

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 11:46PM GMT
I must have been crossing my eyes when I answered your post. Francis was the son of JOSEPH O'Briant and Nancy ? .
(Not Phillip). Let me know if you ever find anything on either. thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions