Search for content in message boards

locations of farms in Nordjylland and ....

locations of farms in Nordjylland and ....

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 9:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, is anyone familiar with a website or map set that would allow me to locate the farms/villages included in the Danish censuses? I have many ancestors from Hjørring, Aalborg, and Skanderborg Amts. I know their parishes but would like to pin point their farms/villages.

Re: locations of farms in Nordjylland and ....

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 10:20PM GMT
Maybe this can help:
http://www.krabsen.dk/stednavnebase/

Also Slaegt og Data DIS-Danmark genealogy forum has a sub-forum called "Find Your Relatives in Denmark." Volunteers there can help you if you have a question about the location of a specific farm. Registration required; free
http://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php?board=3.0

Re: locations of farms in Nordjylland and ....

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 11:53PM GMT
Many thanks! I recently returned from a trip around Denmark. I decided just to visit the churches where my relatives were baptized. This was a lot of fun. We stopped at local tourist information offices to pick up local maps. We wanted to visit the Rubjerg mill near Lokken on the west coast, but were told at the local tourist "I" that the mill no longer exists; however, a person there was able to print out an old photo of the mill. We spoke only a little Danish and found everyone willing to try to help us. Since we have 5 great-grandparents and 2 grandparents from Jylland (Silkeborg and north), we visited a lot of churches. Big hint: Most of the churches were open in the mornings and at times, early afternoons. Even when the church was closed, the very clean, modern bathrooms were usually open in a separate small building. The cemeteries were lovely -- with bushes and colorful flowers in abundance. Of course, most older stones have been removed, but our great-aunt's stone was still there. The churches often had brochures and postcards for sale at minimal cost. As often as possible, we signed the visitors book and left an email address. We did not encounter many US travelers. We were in Denmark in late June and early July (cool and rainy) and in late July (sunny and sometimes very warm).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic