Search for content in message boards

Graphton and Rose Allensworth/ Jefferson CO, Ohio

Graphton and Rose Allensworth/ Jefferson CO, Ohio

Posted: 17 Oct 2008 3:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info or relatives of Rose Allensworth. After Graphton died, 1926, She remarried a Boger. Looking for date of that marriage. Any help will be appreciated. She married my Great Uncle. Also her maiden name started with a D, I think. Do not know maiden name--maybe Drury???

Re: Graphton and Rose Allensworth/ Jefferson CO, Ohio

Posted: 30 May 2010 11:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allensworth Boger Dury
Though I do not have a source for the information... I have Rose's maiden name listed as Dury, which is close to your suggestion of Drury.

After doing some searching, I found this:

There is a Rose Boger listed in the social security index with birthdate of 22 Aug 1879 and death date of Oct 1973. Last residence is Steubenville, Jefferson County, Ohio.

From the 1880 census of Salem, Jefferson County, Ohio, there is a Rose M. Dury listed who is 11months old and is the daughter of George M. Dury and Alice G. Rose and her parents are all listed as born in Ohio. There are two other children listed: Flora B. Dury, 6 years old and Albert A. Dury, who is 2 years old. Also from this census, there is a brother and sister of George listed: John A. Dury, who is 27 years old and Julia Dury, who is 36 years old. Of interest, George’s sister, Julia Dury’s occupation is listed as “at asylum”.

From the 1900 census of Salem, Jefferson County, Ohio, there is a Rose M. Dury listed as a Servant in the household of Luther D. Rhinehart. Rose is listed as 20 years old and birthdate is August 1879.

I also found that Rose died at Trinity East Medical Center in Steubenville, Jefferson County, Ohio on October 6, 1973 and is listed as being widowed at the time of death.

I hope this helps,

Daphne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic