Search for content in message boards

Arnalls of Cornwall/Preston/Liverpool

Arnalls of Cornwall/Preston/Liverpool

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Arnall, Rushforth, Graham, Jackson,
My father, now 81, has spent 35+ years researching our family name and has traced a line back to Mawgan in Pyder, Cornwall in the 1600s. The family later moved to Camelford, then to Truro and then scattered in all directions. Our line of the family moved to Preston, Lancashire, where my father was born. Others moved to London, Liverpool and Canada.

If anyone with connections to Cornwall would like to get in touch with us, please e-mail me and I'll pass it on to my father Deryck Arnall. He has a lot research, which we'd like to pass on, especially whilst my Dad is alive - he is the expert on the family tree. My knowledge is limited. Hope he can help someone with their research.

He also has information on connected families - i.e. The Rushforths, Grahams and Jacksons from Northumberland. Sorry if this is a bit vague.

Thanks

Sue Arnall

Re: Arnalls of Cornwall/Preston/Liverpool

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 10:53AM GMT
Surnames: Arnall
Hi Sue,
Only just found your message.Our Sarah Arnall from Corwall married William Ryan. On the marriage certificate her father was down as John - Occ. Bandsman. A lot of the family connections were in the Royal Marines.

Any information you have would be gratefully received and I would love to share what we have with you.

Regards, Helen

Posted: 24 Jul 2010 11:09PM GMT
HI Sue

What information does he have on the Jackson's from Northumberland, UK?
I have a great great grandfather, George William Jackson, born 28 March 1868, Greyside Mines Newbrough, Northumberland, UK and was wanting to go farther back.. can you help?

Posted: 5 Aug 2010 9:14AM GMT
Surnames: Jinks / Arnall / Paulett / Garland
Hi Sue,
Your name has recently come up on my Ancestry Hints, I believe my mum Ann Procter was in contact with your dad for a while. I'm related via the Jinks / Arnall / Paulett / Garland line.
Not sure how far you have got as this thread is 2 years old!
Best wishes, Joanne x

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 7:34AM GMT
Surnames: Black
My maternal great grandfather is Lawrence Garfield black (1881)
And I am uncertain that his father is George bridges Alexander black! I know his father is George Alex black! I can only find records for George bridges black with having son called Lawrence J black!! Not Lawrence G black!! Everything does tally but the middle initial!! Do you know what this J stands for? Did 'J' s in those days resemble 'G's?? Or am I being too exact??

My mums (Powell/warren) mum was called Florence dawn black(warren) who married Alexander Erskine warren. Florence dawn blacks dad was called Lawrence Garfield black who married hazel maud dunnet (Florence's mum)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions