Search for content in message boards

FRANCIS DELONG

FRANCIS DELONG

Deborah Barber (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2000 11:40PM GMT
I am looking for any information on Francis Delong, b. abt. 1777, and died Aug. 24, 1829 in West Cornwall, Vermont. Francis married Nancy Sampson, b. abt. 1776, and died Feb. 21, 1813. Their daughter Sarah "Sally" Delong was b. Oct. 1, 1799 in Vermont (Cornwall or Shoreham). She married Woodbridge Barber. I would like to find out who the parents of Francis Delong were, and where he was born.

Francis J. DeLong

C.M. DeLong (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2000 5:59PM GMT
Info I have shows Francis J. DeLong (6 May 1776 -24 Aug. 1829) married Nancy Sampson then Mehitable Preston. He lived in Cornwall, VT. Siblings were James, Aaron, Nancy, Mary. Parents were Elias DeLong and Isabel Dickenson who lived in Dutchess County, NY until around 1779. He was a 2 nd Lieut. in the First Claverack Militia Company.
There is much info about him and his ancestors in a book called "The Settlers of the Beekman Patent" by Frank J. Doherty. Book can be found at www. beekmansettlers.com

Hope this helps,
C.M. DeLong

Francis J. DeLong

C. M. DeLong (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 9:48PM GMT
Thank you for your information about Francis DeLong, married to Nancy Sampson, and the parents and siblings of Francis. I plan to check out the book "The Settlers of the Beekman Patent". I really appreciate the information...I was stuck, now I have a new direction.

Thanks again,
Deborah Barber

Last DeLong posting

Deborah Barber (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 9:51PM GMT
I seem to have accidentally typed in your name, instead of mine. Was trying to direct it to you, C.M. Instead I made it look like you replied, instead of me.

Any way, I want to thank you again for your help.

Deborah

VERMONT DELONGS

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 7:18PM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2003 7:48PM GMT
Hi Deborah -- My gggrandfather was George Francis DeLong, b. in VT in 1831 -- went to Ohio. Have you heard of him? Thanks, Barb

DeLongs

Cheryl Adams (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2000 9:13AM GMT
I have my line of DeLongs that came from Cornwall Vermont. His name was Julius DeLong and he married a Julina Sanford. They moved to Illinois about 1836. If this helps let me know and I will give you more information.

Re: DeLongs

mary casey (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2006 5:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Aaron & Francis Delong of VT, sons Elias & Isabel (Dixson),
wish to exchange info on this line of Elias b. Mar 1, 1746

Re: DeLongs

Donald L. McClellan (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2006 5:48PM GMT
I have DeLongs in my Family Tree but they are from Elmwood Wisconsin and I am not sure we are related. Have a nice day.
Donald L. McClellan USN Retired
Phoenix,Arizona
Posted: 3 Jun 2006 8:07PM GMT
Cheryl,
Since this posting in 2000, have you researched the Delong line thru Julius' father Aaron, son of Elias & Isabel?
Would like to exchange information.
Mary

per page

Find a board about a specific topic