Search for content in message boards

DUNHAM Saint John, New Brunswick, Can. to MN

DUNHAM Saint John, New Brunswick, Can. to MN

Posted: 19 Mar 2000 10:44PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 4:55PM GMT
Thomas T. DUNHAM b. July 17, 1817 St. George, Saint John County, N.B. Canada, in Wright Co MN by 1857, m. Harriet White (b. 1819 Potsdam, NY) 1854; nearby neighbor Joseph DUNHAM also b. NB Can.; brother?, cousin? Thomas T. d. Dec. 1, 1874. I have Thomas T.'s children with Harriet (William was son by first marriage; his mother from VT). Looking for desc. or other relatives.--Linda Dunham
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 7:45AM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2005 5:28AM GMT
Hi Linda,
We may be working on the same Dunham line. I have Joseph O Dunham. He was b. New Brunswick, Canada. I do Not know who his siblings were. Please contact me if you would like to exchange notes.
Joyce THughes688@aol.com

Dunhams in New Brunswick

Posted: 3 Apr 2000 10:22AM GMT
The only additional info I have about Thomas T. Dunham are a combo of oral and conjecture. Baptized in St. George Anglican Church. I will get back to you on the conjecture.
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 3:37PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2005 5:28AM GMT
Hi Linda,
I'm not sure where Joseph Oliver Dunham was baptized but that name sound familiar. I think they lived in St. John. His wife was Elizabeth Ponsford. She lived to be over 101 years old. My grgrandfather wrote a poem to her on her 100th birthday.
Joyce

Thomas Dunham

Linda Schroeder (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 8:28AM GMT
Hi, I have a Thomas Dunham born in Ontario, Canada, about Abt. 1814. He was the fourth child of Ephraim Dunham. This is all I know about Thomas Dunham. Does this Thomas fit in anywhere. I am trying to find info on him and the rest of his siblings. There were about 10 children this family. Ephraim was born about 1777 in Ontario, CA.

Linda

Thomas Dunham

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 9:29AM GMT
My husband's Thomas was born in Saint John County, New Brunswick July 17, 1817, christianed in St. George Anglican church. I don't know about his siblings but there is a Joseph Dunham living one farm away from him age 42 also b. New Bruswick Canada in the Wright Co Minn. 1870 census. This is where Thomas settled after marrying his second wife. Thomas had one son, William,age 21 in that census (b. in Maine) with his first wife (her name not known) and seven children with his second, Harriet Marie White: Mary, Charles, Walker, Tom, Francis White "Frank", Bertha and Edwin Hart Dunham. These children reportedly had an uncle Ivory living in another county in Minnesota but I don't know surname. It would be just too cute if his last name was White, but it could be. Thomas d. Dec. 1, 1875.

Re: Thomas Dunham

Rick J Bain (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2004 11:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info on Dunahm's that were from Charlotte county and moved to Minnesota, especially anoka county?? or around?? possible related surnames are Bain/e, Sparks,Reed,Goss,Gow,Mahany,Brown

Re: DUNHAM Saint John, New Brunswick, Can. to MN

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 12:53AM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2013 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Dunham

There might be some confusion here - the Thomas Dunham referred to in the original post has no association with St John - he was born in St George, Charlotte County, New Brunswick Canada. His father is Joseph Dunham - land records show Joseph purchasing land in St George Parish in 1803 and that he is "of st andrews" at the time of the purchase.

The Joseph Dunham in MN and referred to in the Original post is the brother of Thomas. Joseph Dunham's death certificate indicates that his father is Joseph Dunham and his mother is Bathsheba Scott.

Census records for Joseph in MN - if you examine the actual microfilm - show that his father, Joseph Dunham of St George NB, was born in Long Island, NY. One census lists "New York" as place of birth of father and another lists "Long Island".

It was once thought that this Dunham family, of St George, NB, Canada, were descendents of the loyalist Asher Dunham. Recent DNA testing has shown this to be false - DNA testing proved that William H. Dunham, thought to be brother of Joseph Dunham is descended from Deacon John Dunham of Plymouth, MA.

Jeff

Re: DUNHAM Saint John, New Brunswick, Can. to MN

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 5:30PM GMT
I have very little information going this far back into my family, but my great grandmother's grandfather was named Thomas T(onkius) Dunham, who married a Harriet White. I'd love to talk and see if there's any other information, and hopefully we're talking about the same Thomas T Dunham and Harriet White

Re: Thomas Dunham

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 5:34PM GMT
Hello! I was surprised to hear about your husbands family. All of the names you wrote match up with my family, and I would love to talk more with you! If you could email me at shmericka97@yahoo.com, that would be wonderful!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions