Search for content in message boards

Hiram Henegar

Hiram Henegar

Posted: 11 Jun 2002 2:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Apr 2006 2:08AM GMT
Looking for ancestors and descendants of Hiram Henegar. Hiram had 6 children that I know of 1st b. 1824, followed by George Washington, Sarah, John, Isom, Thomas Kirby, and Moses (my gggg grandfather).

Any help appreciated,
Cassie Townsend
Townsend@Cameron.net

Re: Hiram Henegar

Posted: 3 Sep 2002 8:13PM GMT
I there;
Have you looked at book by Lem Henegar Henegar Heritage, It is in the Henegar Ala. Library? Hiram was bro. to my Gr grandfather of Warren Co. Tenn. Probably can be found in most TN. and N. Ala . If you don't find help contact me maryspringer@MSN.com

Paul Hennigan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2004 3:25PM GMT
Cassie i feel your Hiram Henegar is in Monroe County Ga. 1830 Census along with his brother William enumerated on page 178 as Hiram Henegan and William Henegan. My Michael Henegan is also enumerated on this census. I feel Hiram, William and Michael are brothers but have not established as of yet. I know Michael kept name Henegan and had children Ga., Ala. on way to final destination of La. Michael had children John C., Ambrose, Hiram, Michael, and James as well as daughters enumerated with him in Monroe County Ga. 1830. A Hiram Henegan obtained land in Cherokee Land Lottery of 1830 from Monroe County. Michaels son Hiram at this time was still in his fathers household as a 15 year old. I have not located Hiram and William on 1840 Census yet, but have located Hirams widow on 1850 Jackson County Ala. Census. Sarah is enumerated as Sarah Hennegan, widow age 45 birthplace unknown. Still in her household are children Isham, William, Jane, Margaret, Arinda, and Melchender(probaly Moses?). If she married a Seay it had to be after this Census. I have not searched for her farther since was not aware of her new marriage. Then in 1860 Jackson County Ala. i find Thomas and brother Isham and families living as neighbors but with surname Henegar again. Hope this helps you if you don't already have.

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2004 12:37AM GMT
This message is actually for Paul Hennigan. Paul you had posted some info about my grandmother Florida Gorden. I tried to e-mail you, but it didn't go through. Please e-mail me.

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 4:40AM GMT
Paul Henegan: I believe Melchesedec age 3 on the 1850 census in household with Sarah Hannagan is Richard M. Seay. He is still listed in 1860 census as Richard Henegar but in 1870 he goes by Richard Seay in Jackson County Alabama living with the Thornhill family. Also Arinda is listed in 1860 as Orinda. I have a copy of the census record of William Hannagan in 1870 as William Seay in Jackson county Alabama. Also, I have a copy of the marriage record of Margaret who married in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Posted: 4 May 2006 2:19PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2006 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: Henegar, Scott
Hi Mary,
Paul Hennigan suggested I get in touch with you re; John M. Henegar in Ga.He tells me John was a son of Thomas and Anna born in Jackson Co., Ala. Hopefully you can provide some information on this lost line of my family. My great grandmother was a Henegar and died before I was born. Any records my grandmother may have left disappeared with her second husband so we have nothing of this family except one picture. Can you shed any light at all?
Thanks,
Susan

Posted: 20 Nov 2006 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: henegar=== henninger
my name is jay j. henegar,
my ancestor was thomas kirby henegar, please share with me what you have on hiram and his father and mother ,and i will fill what gaps that i have
thanks
jay jhenegar

Posted: 10 Dec 2006 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: hiram henegar
hello
my name is jay j henegar g.g.great grandsone of john moses henegar.. by his first wife vina.
if you would like to share what i have on the family let me know what you are missing myaddy is papapig@charter.net
Jay J.Henegar
424 horseshoe bend rd scottsboro al 35769

Posted: 20 Sep 2007 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: henegar
yes john moses henegar was my ggrandfather son of thomas kirby and annie j. ledbetter henegar i am jay j henegar papapig@charter.net
i have a great deal of info supply me wiith your addy and i will do all that i can
jay

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 1:15AM GMT
My ggrandmother Sarah Alice Henegar married William E. York. She was the daughter of Rev. Moses Charles Henegar, son of Hiram Henegar and brother to Thomas Kirby Henegar. I am looking for info on Sarah and would love to find a picture of her. If you can be of any help I would greatly appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions