Search for content in message boards

Gabriel Markley

Gabriel Markley

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 9:54PM GMT
Anyone have information on Gabriel Markley who immigrated from Germany around 1812, married to French lady (last name Dickensheet), and settled near Summerford, OH?

Gabriel Markley Catherine Dickensheets

Posted: 3 Aug 2000 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 3:39PM GMT
Sandy - I have lots of information on Gabriel Markley. I am a direct descendant. Let me know what you are looking for.

Markley/Dickensheets

Sandy Wical (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2000 12:41PM GMT
I am so glad to hear from you. I am new at looking up geneology on the internet, and this is my first success story. I am looking for the birth/death of Gabriel and Catherine, immigration info (port of entry, what ship), birth/death of children/grandchildren. I have some dates, but it would be too lengthy to list what I have and don't have. I do have dates for Jonathan (3/10/1780), Gabriel (1/11/1814), Jonathan (6/4/1838), and Ernest (3/18/1874), but not for wifes and other children. My grandmother was Devota Leona Markley Parkinson (d. of Ernest E. Markley, ggd of Jonathan Markley (6/4/1838-4/28/1917). Her mother died giving birth to her, and she and her brother (Amos Earl) were raised by her grandfather. I would appreciate whatever you can give me. If it is more than can be put on e-mail, I can e-mail you my home address. Who knows, maybe I have something to add to yours!?? Thanks loads!

Sandy

Markley/ Dickensheets

Posted: 5 Aug 2000 7:56AM GMT
Good to get your message. Our Family Tree is the same from Ernest Eugene on back. He is the brother of John Elmore 1863-1919. This makes him an uncle to your grandmother Devota and her a 1st cousin of my father Howard Wesley 1890-1972.

Gabriel/ Dickensheets

Posted: 5 Aug 2000 8:10AM GMT
Sandy - Good to hear from you. Our family tree is identical from Ernest Eugene on back. He is a brother to John Elmore 1863-1919, my grandfather.This will make him an uncle to your grandmother Devota, and 1st cousin of my father Howard Wesley 1890-1971. I have been compiling a data-base of ALL Markley's I can locate from ANY source,which I will be glad to share with you. I suggest we get off the Message Board, and work out the details by E-Mail.Do you have a Zip drive on your computer? My e-mail address is Jhmar2@aol.com. J.H.

Family

Duane W. Markley Sr. (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2000 4:07PM GMT
My great,gr,gr,gr,grandfather was Adam Markley Jr..Looking for relatives.

Adam Markley, Jr.

Sandy Wical (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2000 7:11PM GMT
Duane, I am the 5th great grandniece of Adam Markley, Jr. Most of the info I have was given to me by J. Howard Markley. He filled in a lot of blanks for me. Have you checked out his website? I think I saw your name there a while back. He ("J") has done a lot of research on the family. Send me an e-mail - let's see if we can add anything to our trees. It will be easier to communicate that way versus going through the message boards. Nice to hear from you!

Sandy Wical
s_wical@yahoo.com
Posted: 28 Jun 2001 2:06AM GMT
Was Adam Jr. married to Mary M. Dickensheets? If so, I am related to you, but am a descendant of Adam's brother Gabriel whom I believe is married to Mary's sister Catherine.

Re: Family

Posted: 24 Jul 2001 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Dickensheets, Markley
Adam Jr was married to Mary Magdalene Dickensheets--I'm related to Adam Jr, via his daughter Catherine. Mary also had a sister named Catherine as well.
Posted: 27 Jul 2002 1:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I was trying to get in touch with JH Markley. His aol address is not functioning any longer. Does anyone know his email address. I wanted to get back to the Markley website and have forgotten my passcode.

You can email me at jtexas32@aol.com

Joe Zimmerman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions