Milne Family in Fall River MA

Tim Howe (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 10:22PM GMT
Anyone related to Milnes in Fall River,MA
please contact me here or at tphowe2000@uswest.net

Milne's

Eileen Rice (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:34PM GMT
Tim, Please tell me more about your Milne's as some of mine came from Mass.
Are you related to the Howe's of RI?

Milne's

Eileen Rice (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:34PM GMT
Tim, Please tell me more about your Milne's as some of mine came from Mass.
Are you related to the Howe's of RI?

Milne Family Info

Ellien (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Got your e-mail and just read it. Well, here it is,
it is; My Milnes descend from John and Jannetta
(Duncan)Milne. John and Janetta were from Aberdeen,Scotland and came
to the U.S. in 1811. They had several children and first settled in Tiverton,
Rhode Island. John was baptist minister from Scotland. One of their seven sons
and three daughters was Alexander. This is my direct line.
Alexander married Ann osborn and hadeight children as follows;John Osborne Milne b.7-1-1839.
Ann JannettaMilne b.6-27-1841, Eliza Jane Milne b.9-30-1843,
Abby Parker Milne b.3-6-1845, James Thomas Milne b.10-26-1846,
Mary Duncan Milne b.11-22-1848, Harriet Newell Milne b.10-06-1851 and George Alexander Milne b.5-23-1853.
John Osborne Milne moved to Minnesota in 1858 and heeded President Lincoln's call
for volunteers in the civil war and was wounded and left for dead on the battlefield of Bull Run.
He survived and moved back to New York where his father Alexander was a baptist minister.(Wayne Co. N.Y.)
he married Eliza Marinda Bronson and had Minnie, and Melville
while they were living in Fall River, MA.
They then moved back to Minnesota. I should note a daughter Mary was also born in Fall River before moving toMinnesota
I can send you more info if you want it. I know I still have several distant relatives in Fall River as John Osborne Milne (my Gr-Grgrandfather)
was the only Milne to leave for Minnesota. I have a ton more Milne info from a distant cousin I had contact who lives in New York and has documented all my Milne relatives in Fall River.
Please send me any info you have if any of this fits.
Thanks for writing, Tim

Milne Family Info

Tim Howe (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2000 12:02PM GMT
Got your e-mail and just read it. Well, here it is,
it is; My Milnes descend from John and Jannetta
(Duncan)Milne. John and Janetta were from Aberdeen,Scotland and came
to the U.S. in 1811. They had several children and first settled in Tiverton,
Rhode Island. John was baptist minister from Scotland. One of their seven sons
and three daughters was Alexander. This is my direct line.
Alexander married Ann osborn and hadeight children as follows;John Osborne Milne b.7-1-1839.
Ann JannettaMilne b.6-27-1841, Eliza Jane Milne b.9-30-1843,
Abby Parker Milne b.3-6-1845, James Thomas Milne b.10-26-1846,
Mary Duncan Milne b.11-22-1848, Harriet Newell Milne b.10-06-1851 and George Alexander Milne b.5-23-1853.
John Osborne Milne moved to Minnesota in 1858 and heeded President Lincoln's call
for volunteers in the civil war and was wounded and left for dead on the battlefield of Bull Run.
He survived and moved back to New York where his father Alexander was a baptist minister.(Wayne Co. N.Y.)
he married Eliza Marinda Bronson and had Minnie, and Melville
while they were living in Fall River, MA.
They then moved back to Minnesota. I should note a daughter Mary was also born in Fall River before moving toMinnesota
I can send you more info if you want it. I know I still have several distant relatives in Fall River as John Osborne Milne (my Gr-Grgrandfather)
was the only Milne to leave for Minnesota. I have a ton more Milne info from a distant cousin I had contact who lives in New York and has documented all my Milne relatives in Fall River.
Please send me any info you have if any of this fits.
Thanks for writing, Tim

Milne

Eileen Rice (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 10:34PM GMT
sorry I have not wrote before now been very busy , and lost your E-Mail somewhere. .Very interesting, do you know who Was John"s father?
I have a John Br 1794 in Huntly,Aberdeen doesn't say who he married,and no other info on him ,His father was George milne br.1770 Huntly.Married Margaret Brodie. George's father was a George Milne From Huntly.
Do you think possibly that your John could be part of this,(my family)?John would be a brother to my George Cummine Milne br.1801
I have a cousin who lives in RI on Milne line , who's last name is Howe strange EH?
We have other relations on Milne line who live and did live in Mass., and RI.and all over the eastern coast.and all over the states .

please write again.
Tell me more about your family
i am intersted in all you got .Never know.
thank you for writing
Eileen

Milne family info

Tim Howe (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2000 9:20AM GMT
Eileen, Got your message on Sunday. Sorry,
I don't have info on John's father. There is a man named Rick Knight
in New York who is a Gr-Grandson to Alexander,John's son. He did some research
in Scotland but was unable to find John's fathers' name also. I have more info from him and am trying to find it in my papers.
I will e-mail more when i do find. Alexander, who would be my GR-GR-GR-Grandfather was a baptist minister in Wayne Co. N.Y. so I know there may be some relations in N.Y.
If it helps I know where a lot of Milnes' on my side are buried in Fall River,MA. They are buried in the Oak Grove Cemetery in Fall River.
I will send more info when I find what i was looking for. Thanks. It is a very good possibility we are distant cousins.
Thanks again, Tim

Milne family info

Tim Howe (View posts)
in Scotland but was unable to find John's fathers' name also. I have more info from him and am trying to find it in my papers.
I will e-mail more when i do find. Alexander, who would be my GR-GR-GR-Grandfather was a baptist minister in Wayne Co. N.Y. so I know there may be some relations in N.Y.
If it helps I know where a lot of Milnes' on my side are buried in Fall River,MA. They are buried in the Oak Grove Cemetery in Fall River.
I will send more info when I find what i was looking for. Thanks. It is a very good possibility we are distant cousins.
Thanks again, Tim

Milne family info

Tim Howe (View posts)
Thanks again, Tim

Milne

Eileen Rice (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2000 12:26PM GMT
Tim , do you have a list of who is all the Milnes buried there?that would help to see if we are related.I know my Great Great Grandfather is buried in Mass, He lived and worked in Pittsfield is that very far from Fall River?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions