Search for content in message boards

Tavender Pharris

Tavender Pharris

Posted: 5 Apr 2006 12:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for a Pharris. Tavy was my g-grandfather.
I always new him as Tavender Asro. Have orginnal Social Security app. that has Tavy. Found him in 1920 census with his dad, Azro. Any help from any one would be great. Also Tavy's wife was Essie.

Re: Tavender Pharris

Jane Pharris (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2006 7:21AM GMT
Surnames: PHARRIS, LANCASTER, LYNN, STAFFORD AND HANNAHS IN TN
Dear Leah: I have heard that name many times. When I first started working on the Pharris line, I was told that there were three young men that came from Ireland. Two were twins; Tavender & Cavender or (Lavender).
They were about 16 years of age and came over as "stowaways" on a cargo ship. They came here with an older brother by the name of Reuben. I believe they all belong to a line that was in Kentucky. I was told of them by a Real Estate man in Louisville, KY. I am not sure who they married but you can find them on line.
Sorry I cannot be of more help.
Jane
I have been working on the Pharris line for over 20 years.But most of ours are from the TN, Ark, Missouri area

Jane Pharris (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2006 7:21AM GMT
Surnames: PHARRIS, LANCASTER, LYNN, STAFFORD AND HANNAHS IN TN
Dear Leah: I have heard that name many times. When I first started working on the Pharris line, I was told that there were three young men that came from Ireland. Two were twins; Tavender & Cavender or (Lavender).
They were about 16 years of age and came over as "stowaways" on a cargo ship. They came here with an older brother by the name of Reuben. I believe they all belong to a line that was in Kentucky. I was told of them by a Real Estate man in Louisville, KY. I am not sure who they married but you can find them on line.
Sorry I cannot be of more help.
Jane
I have been working on the Pharris line for over 20 years.But most of ours are from the TN, Ark, Missouri area

Posted: 4 Jun 2006 11:31AM GMT
Thanks for the info. I think Cavender was my g-g-grandfather. My Dad tells me that they orginnally came from Tn. I am going to send for death cert. to see what knid of info I get from that. Tavy had a sister named Jane who moved to IL , and a brother who was shot by the fed's when they raided the house for moonshining, but cannot come by way of any of that info. Thanks again
Leah(Berkley) Hackley

Posted: 25 Jan 2007 6:07PM GMT
Tavy was my grandfather. Very interested in discussing with you. Is your dad Leon, my cousin?

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 4:25PM GMT
I'm jsut trying getting started with this and know that Tavy Azro Pharris and Essie Mae Givens are my great grandparents. My Grnadfather was Conrad Lee Pharris Hope this helps a little. Would love to find out more info from anyone

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 4:28PM GMT
Tavy was my g-grandfather. Married to Essie Mae Givens-
Illinois area. My Grandfather was Conrad Lee Pharris but I don't know much about his siblings
John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions