Search for content in message boards

TESKE

Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: TESKE, TRESSMER, OLDENBURG, ZELL
Otto Teske married Wilhemina Oldenburg in Germany. Apparently lived in a small village in vicinit of Berlin as Henry worked for Kaiser, polishing brass harnesses for him,(we think, info from 94 year old daughter). Henry, Reinhold, Herman are 3 sons we know of, should be more. Henry (BD-1854) married Albertine Tressmer (1864)daughter of Caroline (1830) and Ernest Zell or Sell. Reinhold married Augusta Hallman and Herman married ?. All came to Hardin Co. in Iowa 1880s. Lived around Berlin. Rumor has it that family had a falling out and did not claim each other so no communication between families after coming to states. Henry's children were Augusta, Charles John Henry,Marie B, Minnie, Martha, Henry Jr., Leo, Frank Carl, August E, Margaret, Lois and Claire. Reinhold's children were Eda Henrietta, Anna, Amanda, Caroline, Robert and George. Herman Sr's children were Herman Jr., Otto, Louis, Raymond Eddie, Bess, Minnie Louise and Grace, possibly more.

We are having family reunion last week in July and am hoping to find out more information on more children of Otto.

Any link to Teske's from Germany would be appreciated. SMT

Teske and Oldenburg

Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: Oldenburg, Teske, Ruhnke
Found your message from last year. Was wondering if you have any additional info on Wilhelmina Oldenburg -- birth place or siblings.

I am trying to locate the family of Ludwig Oldenburg of (born)Janowitz,Pommern and (died) Eldora, Iowa. I have a possible brother Paul in Elmore, Minnesota.

I have to ask, are you Steve, the son of Marvin and Nancy? If so, surprise, we are related....

Charm Ruhnke

Looking For Birth Mother

Ingrid Heislup ( Teske' ) (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Teske'
My name is Ingrid Heislup I was born in Giesien Germany on April 12, 1957 my mothers name is Ingrid Teske who was last known as still being in germany if anyone can help me find her please e-mail me at bphmom@aol.com thank you. Ingrid

Otto Teske

Shelly Shelton (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: TESKE
I don't know if this is any relation to the Otto Teske in your posting,but my great grandmothers father's name was Otto Teske. I dont know his date of birth or death the only information I have been able to find is that he married Anna Schultz I know of only one child (my great grandmother Anna Marie)As of 1895 I know they were living in Salem South Dakota but that is all the info I have so far.

Otto Teske

Posted: 8 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Teske
Dear Shelly ! I don't think this Otto is any relation to you and yours. We think that he never left Germany. His son Henry came here and landed in Hardin County, IA. Lots of relatives here. Sorry. I wish I could help. If you find any Ottos that don't belong to you but were still in Germany, Let me know and I'll get in touch if I find any related to your Otto. Good Luck in your search!! SMT

Re: TESKE

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Teske, Brunkow, Figge
My great grandfather was Herman Ferdinand Teske, born March 12, 1869. The siblings I know of are Minnie and Otto. Herman married Mathilda (Brunkow) Teske in September of 1909. It would be interesting to know if the research you're doing involves my family or if the names are just coincidence.
Posted: 4 Jul 2001 12:55AM GMT
Dear Kelly! I do believe we are related. I have Herman as a brother of Henry, my guy, but I have nothing other than his name, no wife, no birthdate but I do have siblings Minnie, and Otto among others. I can connect you to a whole bunch of Teskes once we establish Herman as the brother of Rheinhold and Henry. Supposedly Otto was from a small village in Germany just outside of Berlin. His son, Henry worked for the Kaiser and stowed away under hay of some horses in ship to get here. History is very sketchy and I can not find anything other than Henry coming here in 1950. Children of Herman I have listed are Herman, Jr., Otto, Louis, Raymond, Eddie, Bess, Minnie, Louise and Grace. I would love to get a little more info to see if we can connect. I would send you info if we establish a link. Who is your grandfather and father?

Let me know. It would be really exciting as we are having a Teske reunion July 27 and decendents of Herman Jr. are always there but they only know of the connection back to Otto Sr. who married Wilhemina Oldenberg. Anyway, let me know if you can come up with something and I will keep searching from this end to see if I can connect your Herman and Mathilda with ours.

Keep in touch. Shirley M. Teske - Golfnuts@adiis.net

Re: TESKE

AIMEE (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2001 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: TESKE
WHAT IS THE BIRTH DATE OF YOUR AUGUST? BECAUSE I HAVE A WILHIMINA EMMA TESKE BORN TO A AUGUST TESKE AND MOTHER UNKNOWN. WILHIMINA WAS BORN IN 1870 IN SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN TOWN OF NEUSTADT,GERMANY

Re: Otto Teske

Posted: 30 Dec 2010 5:07PM GMT
I know that post is very old but I am also researching this Otto Teske ( Anna Schulz is my grgrgrandfathers sister Please contact me if you rececive this at suefalls2@yahoo.com
Posted: 3 Jan 2011 4:23PM GMT
I think it is the same Herman Teske as I have siblings listed as Minne and Otto also along with more, Herman, Jr, Louis, Raymond, Edward, Bess, Louise, and Grace. Otto marrying Mathilde but I have Hallman rather than Brunkow ( maybe a 2nd marriage. Would love to pursue this further with you if you like. My email is drt3975smt@yahoo.com. Have been doing family tree for years but not as actively as I would wish.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions