Search for content in message boards

Foley's from Newfoundland (St Johns and or St Brides)

Foley's from Newfoundland (St Johns and or St Brides)

Marianne (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2002 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on my maternal grandmothers family. She was born in 1897 in Newfoundland. She had 9 or ten brothers and sisters. Her name was Bridget Marie. I know some of their names. Patrick, John (Jack), William, a stepsister Ethel, Catherine my mother called her Aunt Kit. I know John and Patrick came to the US before my grandmother and I'm pretty sure that Kit came after her. When John, Patrick and my grandmother came to the US, them lived in Brooklyn. The first place they all lived was on India Street. Bridget married Mogue Cullen also from Newfoundland. He worked as a fisherman. He owned his own boat. They had four children, Catherine, Margeret, Patricia, and Edward. That is all I have been able to find out. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Re: Foley's from Newfoundland (St Johns and or St Brides)

Posted: 12 Dec 2002 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 16 Oct 2005 10:45AM GMT
Surnames: Foley
Marianne,
there are a lot of Foley's up on Comcpetion bay. Not St. Johns and I do not know where St. Brides is. These Foley's are listed in a tree so there is a lot of detila. Did not see Bridget Marie (b. 1892 acording to the 1930 census) but thought you might want to take a peak.

John Foley (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2003 2:56AM GMT
My father is from St.John`s. (John B.Foley). Do you have any Kane, Morrissey or Bricks in your family tree?

Posted: 15 Oct 2005 10:09PM GMT
Edited: 16 Oct 2005 10:45AM GMT
Surnames: Foley
my foley family is from collier NFLD.
I'd love to see that foley of conception bay family tree you referred to.
Eventually several of the brothers came to Phila, Pa @1911.

thanks,
bernadette
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions