Search for content in message boards

John Hannah (Cook) Sharp (MD)

John Hannah (Cook) Sharp (MD)

P Sharpe (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 8:29AM GMT
Looking for information on John Sharp born approx
1713 (MD) unsure of birthplace.
Looking for his parents and his place of birth.
Willing to share any info I have Pam

John Sharp-MD

C Hart (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 10:58PM GMT
I to am looking for John Sharp and his 1st wife Elizabeth Shepherd. Do you have their residence between 1742-1798 as Gunpowder River on 'MyLady's Manor' in Balt.Co.Md.?

Re: John Sharp-MD

Dorothy M. Sparks (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2001 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi C. Hart,
I descend from the 4th child of John Sharp & 2nd wife Hannah [nee Cook] Sharp. d/o George Cook, she was b. in Wales,.
Your Elizabeth [nee Shepherd] Sharp d/o William, died ca. 1750 & John Sharp m2. 20 No., 1752 St. John['s Parish, Baltimore Co., MD.
In 1742 your Elizabeth & John Sharp were on a Lease with her 10 year old brother Nathaniel Shepherd , for a part of 'My Lady's Manor' in Baltimore Co., MD. The planatation lay at the fork of Gunpowder River near the Great Falls.
Apparently, they were able to later purchase this Leased Land.
John & Elizzabeth had 2 known sons--Horatio b. 1746 & thomas b. 1750. they married sisters in Baltimore Co., Md. Horatio m. Elizabeth ann Elliott & Thomas m. Rachel Elliott.
It is said that Horatio & 'Betsy Ann' settled in Butler Co., OH. (I have not been able to prove this or disprove it) Thomas & Rachel [nee Elliott] Sharp migrated in 1797/8 with the Sharp Clan. rhomas & Rachel had their 1st set of triplets in Ba. Co., Md., & they also went to KY., where they remained until 1806. they had a set of twin daughters in 1800 and another set of triplets in 1804. They migrated frrom Madiso Co., KY. with Thomas's half brother George & Martha [nee Wyley & their 6 children to Montgomery Twp., Gibson Co., IN.. thomas d. after a farming accident, testate in 1826.
George Sharp d. testate in 1840. I believe that John & Elizabeth [nee Shepherd] Sharp had 5 daughters also: Elizabeth' Temperance; Cassandra; Prudence & Comfort.
My ancestor Benjamin Sharp & Elizabeth Wright remained in Shelby Co., KY., until 1833 when they joined the rest of the clan in Gibson Co., IN.. As their children al m. they nestled down there with the rest of the clan. My Benjamin & Elizabeth ha 13 ch.. He d. testate in 1841, elzabeth d. 1846. Benjamin's estate was settled in May 1848. I hope this is all new to you. emjoy! Dottie Sparks, Ft. Worth, TX., dms0419@hotmail.com

Re: John Sharp-MD

Pamela Sharpe Gaynor (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2001 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dorothy:
I have not heard from you for such a long time. I saw a posting of yours on a surname site and thought I would drop you a line.
I have not gotten any further than to John Sharp (w/o Hannah & Elizabeth) Just can’t seem to find any information past him. I am still looking for his parents, exact place & dob, siblings if any. If you have come across any of that information please let me know. By the way my new address is pamelajs2@charter.net
Pam

per page

Find a board about a specific topic