Search for content in message boards

Mary KAY m. James SIMS, both b. Lancashire abt 1832

Mary KAY m. James SIMS, both b. Lancashire abt 1832

Posted: 31 Oct 2004 3:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Mar 2006 8:38AM GMT
Surnames: KAY, SIMS
trying to find details of MARY KAY she married my g.g.grandfather JAMES SIMS.They were both born about 1832 in lancashire probally in the LEIGH/ASHTON/BOLTON areas.I think her father was a colliery owner and a colonel in the british army serving in india.Marys mother was called ELLEN but I can not find anything else out.Any one any ideas?the story is that james and mary eloped as james was "only trade",he was a french polisher,marys father dissapproved and never spoke to mary again.Its such a good story would like to find out if true or not.Any info?thank you

Re: Mary KAY m. James SIMS, both b. Lancashire abt 1832

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 2:07PM GMT
Hi Kath
I have SIMS family on my husbands side from Lancashire, mine is Humphrey, he was a convict born in 1834, sent to Australia as a convict in 1856. He named his son James, so the name was in the family and his middle name was James. I noticed that your message is quite old, so have you found out any more info on your family.?
Love to hear from you
Regards
Helen

Re: Mary KAY m. James SIMS, both b. Lancashire abt 1832

Posted: 13 Jul 2009 4:04PM GMT
Hello
thank you for your message.
I have very little info on the Kay family but loads on the Sims.
However I have not found any Sims named Humphery although I do have Sims in Australia.
My tree is on Ancestry and Genes Reunited perhaps it may be worth your while taking a look if you can.
I have traced my family back to London in 1780,they moved to Lancashire about 1830. My gggg grandfather was a customs and excise officer but many of the others where french polishers indeed the family french polishing business traded from about 1860 until just after the second world war.

Not sure what else to tell you ,bye for now Kath
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions