Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendants of Frank Lizka/Liska

Looking for descendants of Frank Lizka/Liska

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information or descendants of Frank Liska/lLifka. He was born in Austria in 1891 and immigrated to the states in 1914 I believe he was living in Washington D.C. in 1923. The 1920 U.S. Census shows him to be a baker. I am looking to find out the names of his parents and siblings. If anyone knows about him please let me know. I think he might have a sister named Ella.....I am not quite sure.

Thank you in advance for any and all information.

Leigh
Connecticut USA

Re: Looking for descendants of Frank Lizka/Liska

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 1:32PM GMT
On ancestry.com there's a World War I draft card for Anthony Frank Lisko, living in Stratford, Conn. He says he was born 13 Jun 1891 in Kravyan, Austria-Hungary. He is employed by the Frisbie Pie Co. His nearest contact is Miss Helen Lisko in Stratford, CT.

Regards,

Chris Kovach

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 3:19PM GMT
Chris,

Thank you for that information but a question for you. On my grandfathers passenger list from 1923 lists a Frank Lizka as his brother in law he is going to see in Washington D.C. Would his name of been changed??? I am hoping to locate family of Frank Lizka....parents and siblings names. Do I assume this is the same person ????

Leigh

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2013 4:59PM GMT
I think I had the wrong guy with that World War I draft card.

The guy you found in the 1920 census in Washington DC is Frank Lifka.

He shows up in the 1930 census in Northampton, Mass with wife Mildred and son Reginald. His World War II draft card gives name as Frank Andrew Lifka, birthdate as 22 Jun 1890, Lapant, Czech-Germany; says wife is Mildred, working at College Candy Kitchen.
Same guy, Franz Lifka, world war I draft card, born 22 Jun 1890 in Labant, Bohemia, single, living in Boston, working at Erhardts Schatz in Boston.

14 Sep 1922, Franz Lifka coming to Washington, DC to see brother Andreas Lifka. Leaves father Ferdinand Lifka in Muenchsfeld, Czechoslovakia. Gives birthplace as Labant Muenschsfeld. He had been in Washington before, from 1914-1922.

Whether this Franz Lifka is the Franz Lizka that you're looking for, I don't know.

You can either look for Franz Lizka-s in Washington DC or look for Franz Lizka-s emigrating from same place as your grandfather or look for Franz Lizka's marriage record in your grandfather's birthplace or last residence. A brother-in-law can either be your wife's brother or your sister's husband (if you're a guy). If your grandfather was single when he emigrated, then Franz must be his sister's husband. If he was married, then you can't tell.

But given his age in 1920 Census, that guy, whoever he is, should be in world War I draft, and World War II draft if still living.

Your grandfather's obit should list surviving siblings, so should your grandmother's obit.

Chris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions