Search for content in message boards

So slow!

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 11:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell why for the past 3 days this site is running at a snails pace???

Re: So slow!

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 4:38PM GMT
Not only is it running at a snail's pace - my tree was mysteriously unlinked and I have to re-sync all my data - but I can't get on.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 5:27PM GMT
If your tree is mysteriously unlinked, close family tree maker, wait a little until it has finally shut down, then open it again.

This has worked for me. I've reported it. It seems family tree maker loses track of the status.

Rosemary

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 1:25PM GMT
Not only has it been slow, but it seems to be getting worse.

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 4:46PM GMT
I have noticed genealogy sites run slowest when the schools are out, and all of the teachers and students try to catch up on what they could not do during the school year.

Also near the end of the quarter when term papers are due.

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 7:18PM GMT
hello everyone, thanks for your comments.
i have changed my browers to Firefox and Ancestry runs really fast now! I will try out Google Chrome and see how that goes too :)
Posted: 29 Sep 2012 4:23AM GMT
it's not just slow...buttons aren't working,pages aren't loading,links aren't redirecting properly and the census pages leave you hanging ,staring at a big empty black screen. In my case,it has nothing to do with when school lets out for the day..it happens all the time. I use Chrome with Windows 7,cache,cookies & temp files are kept cleared,throughout the day...let's not forget the daily site crashes when I have both ACOM & FindAGrave up,side by side.
Posted: 1 Oct 2012 2:23AM GMT
Amen MarianneFisher!!! I'm at the end of my rope!

Is the server overloaded? Are there too many Ads? "Too many" customers? (not for long)

ggggrrrrr!!!

"it's not just slow...buttons aren't working,pages aren't loading,links aren't redirecting properly and the census pages leave you hanging ,staring at a big empty black screen. In my case,it has nothing to do with when school lets out for the day..it happens all the time. I use Chrome with Windows 7,cache,cookies & temp files are kept cleared,throughout the day...let's not forget the daily site crashes when I have both ACOM & FindAGrave up,side by side."

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 6:51AM GMT
Edited: 1 Oct 2012 11:48AM GMT
It has always had spells when there were problems, but all sites do. However since the release of FTM 2012 and syncing it has gone rapidly down hill.

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 11:41AM GMT
well... it worked well for a couple of days with firefox and now..... well, it has taken me ages to even send this reply!! time to move on to another site I think....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic