Search for content in message boards

Information on Joseph Baird who married Hannah Lay Baird Lay

Information on Joseph Baird who married Hannah Lay Baird Lay

Posted: 21 Dec 2005 11:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hannah was born about 1775 . My family tradition says he came from Ireland.I was told that he was a surveyor.He and Hannah were married in Wilkes County, NC in 1794.They had 3 children- Lewis Millard(b.1795), Willian(b.1797), and Joseph(b. 1799.He died as a young man time and circumstances unconfirmed.Any information apreciaated.

Re: Information on Joseph Baird who married Hannah Lay Baird Lay

Posted: 7 May 2006 6:40AM GMT
Surnames: Lovett, Myers, Baird, Creekmore, Lay, Ellison, Allen
Hannahs fathers name was William Lay born abt 1755 Wilkes NC, Mother Mary Duncan, birthdate unknown.
I have Hannahs birhtdate as Nov 27, 1774 in Virginia died in 1863 Whitley Co. KY.

William Lay's father Thomas Lay, mother Nancy Middleton.

This info was given to me by another researcher so it may or may not be correct but it could possibly point you in the right direction.

Happy Searching!

Posted: 13 Dec 2006 10:24PM GMT
DNA tests indicate that Joseph Baird was a descendant of "Old John" Baird of New Jersey.

Posted: 18 Nov 2007 10:01PM GMT
Surnames: Baird
Joseph Baird was my husband's great (x5) grandfather. The information that my mom-in-law has is that Joseph was born in 1775 in Wilkes Co., NC. He died in 1798 in Rowan County (probably near Salisbury). He was in failing health when he and Hannah moved to Rowan Co.

Joseph's father was Zebulon Baird--his mother Lydia Hildreth. Zebulon was born 28 January 1743/1774 in Monmouth Co., NJ & died 30 June 1826 in Wilson Co., TN. Zeb was a cordwainer--he made shoes during the Revolutionary War.

I have info back four more generations--back to George Baird born in 1574 in Scotland. Let me know if you'd like it.

Kelly

Posted: 27 Apr 2009 8:29PM GMT
rd Baird, son of Joseph Baird. Any info you could share about dates and places...or corrections to my tree, I would appreciate.

Thanks

Patti Baird

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 3:56AM GMT
Kelly, Joseph Baird and Hannah are my ggg grandparents. I would love to have the other 4 generations of Joseph's line.

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 9:08PM GMT
Okay, who's info do you need? Which of their children is your gg grandparent?

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 11:55PM GMT
In the post I was repling to you posted:

{I have info back four more generations--back to George Baird born in 1574 in Scotland. Let me know if you'd like it. Kelly}

I descend from Joseph's son Lewis Millard Baird. But is it possible that you could download the prior generations including Lewis Millard (or anything you have to share on this line)to mbpetree@aol.com

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 4:15AM GMT
I to come from the Lewis Millard line and would like any info anyone is willing to share in both directions from Joseph. Email me at rndbaird@highland.net
Thanks,
Rusty Baird

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 12:29PM GMT
Rusty-
Everything I know is posted on my family tree: keanriv76. Chase my husband's line; he's the Baird.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic