Search for content in message boards

Unsubscribing from Another's Tree?

Unsubscribing from Another's Tree?

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I've accepted invitations from others to view their tree as a "guest". I'm now no longer interested in several of them and would like to remove myself (or at least remove their tree from my tree drop down list). I can't for the life of me find an 'unsubscribe' feature however. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-William

Re: Unsubscribing from Another's Tree?

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 10:53PM GMT
Click on: Family Trees>Trees shared with me> red x to the right of the tree name that says remove from list

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 11:03PM GMT
I'm afraid your instructions don't match my end user experience: When I mouse ove r"Family Trees", I see a list of trees that i can view, "Start a New Tree" and "Upload a GEDCOM". There is no option for "Shared Trees" etc.

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 11:35PM GMT
You have to actually click the family trees tab, not just mouse over it.

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 12:31AM GMT
And to be completely clear, there's actually another step -
Mouse over "family trees," click on "more," then click on "trees shared with me" to see the list of trees to which you have accepted invitations and click "remove from list" to any and all.

You can also leave them in that list and just stop receiving emails about changes/additions - mouse over your username and click on "my alerts" to display "Family Tree Alerts." From that list select "Change delivery options" for the tree(s) in which you are no longer so interested.

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 2:43PM GMT
To be completely, completely clear, you can mouse over family trees and click more, or you can click family trees and go right to trees shared with me...

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 3:18PM GMT
Or, you could contact the originator of the tree who can remove you for their list.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions