Search for content in message boards

Not Being Able to Find Your Relatives

Not Being Able to Find Your Relatives

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 4:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
For over 10 Years I have been accessing this sight trying to find my Great Grand Parents. Unfortunately I found them through another web sight along with other documents. What am I paying you guys for if you don't have the information that I need. You monopolize the genealogy websights and don't give us what we are paying for. 10 Plus years GUYS AND I HAVE THE OFFICIAL DEATH CERTIFICATE IN MY HANDS. So why is this document not on your website?

Re: Not Being Able to Find Your Relatives

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 6:14AM GMT
Why would you ever pay for something for 10 years if you were receiving no benefit from it?

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 6:15AM GMT
No single database provider will have all that a person wants.

Most records in fact are neither on the internet nor referred to in an index on the internet. They are in the treasure-houses such as courthouses, historical society collections, archives and religious repositories.

It's not any website's fault that seekers do not go where the records are, or at least make contact by telephone or email to discover how to obtain index copies that might refer to description of the target information. Or hire a researcher to do the looking.

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 1:30PM GMT
Is this your first post in 10 years? Did you ever try posting a request for help?

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 3:05PM GMT
Original poster has been a member since 2004 and classifies himself as "intermediate" researcher who does genealogy almost every day. He has no family trees on Ancestry and has never posted a question before this one.

If you cannot find the information you need on Ancestry, you have to try other avenues. Don't waste 8 years of subscriptions waiting for a death certificate to appear online; put a check in an envelope and send for it!

I'm sure lots of us have various complaints about Ancestry; I know I do. I've been a member since they started. But I don't expect them to have every record on every one of my ancestors. I use plenty of other sources besides Ancestry.

In my personal opinion, the original poster's complaint is completely invalid.

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 3:13AM GMT
In the hopes that they would update their records....stupid me!

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 3:19AM GMT
Some people can't afford the prices that researchers charge. I have a thick folder full of various places of research. I chose Ancestry because they are suppose to be world wide.

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 3:22AM GMT
I have two posts looking for my great grandmother and no responses. From the 1990's!!!

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 3:31AM GMT
Wow......get your facts straight sweety...I'm a SHEEEEEE not a HEEEEEE! And yes I do have a family Tree....a very BIG ONE! Thank you smart one! And I have a folder full of various places besides Ancestry that I have done research. If you don't know how to be a proper detective....PLEASE keep your comments to yourself. I am on this website practically every night updating information along with my family who is also doing family research. It kind of makes the family reunions fun. Ya know! So....now I can bring the excitement to the next reunion with my document that I got on another site. Thanks for your detective work*teehee*

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 2:22PM GMT
Just out of curiosity, where did your great grandparents die and where did you find the death certificates?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic