Search for content in message boards

Glumpler, Blaschke

Glumpler, Blaschke

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 7:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Glumpler, Blaschke
My great Great grandfather John V. Glumpler(listed born 1863 (I found a christening of his daughter that indicates V. stood for Valentin) and his parents are listed coming from Austria. But i can find no records of his parents other then what little is in the states and they where Josef and Theresia Glumpler. John V. is listed being born in Blatterdorf Austria. And i thought maybe to hunt down church records as to maybe find more on Josef(listed born 1824) and Theresia(listed born 1826) since they where catholic but cant find the town at all. Does not help at all that Theresia is a very very common name it seems, well it seems to be at least in 3 of the four branches of my family tree.

Also John V.'s wife Mary (Marie) Christine Blaschke (b 1863)and her parents Franz(frank) and Rosina are listed born in Hermitz, Austria and can't find that either.

I'm just completely stuck at GGG grandparents on this side of the family and totally clueless...please help!

Re: Glumpler, Blaschke

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 8:11PM GMT
I think you may be making a very common mistake. "Austria" at the time your ancestors were "Austrian" would refer to the Austro-Hungarian Empire which spread from large parts of the Ukraine, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Croatia etc., etc. However, whatever the ethnicity, language spoken all the inhabitants would be "Austrian" by nationality. Nothing to do with the little Austria of today. There was a Hermitz in Bohemia which is nowadays the Czech Republic and called Hermanice, 155 ESE of Prague. Shtetlseeker does not throw up anything for Blatterdorf but you might do better to post on one of the Historic Regions boards where somebody might have more of a clue. Hope this helps.

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 8:39PM GMT
Found a Joseph and Theresia "Klumpler" 1870 and 1880 census in Fayette co Texas. Stated place of birth Moravia.

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 11:18PM GMT
Thank You Halpark. Both locations are in present Czech Republic.

Blahutovice, Blattendorf populated place
49°35' N 17°52' E

E M U G

Czech Republic
155.4 miles ESE of Praha 50°5' N 14°28' E

Heřmanice, Hermitz populated place
49°34' N 17°52' E

E M U G

Czech Republic
155.5 miles ESE of Praha 50°5' N 14°28' E

http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/3felmeres.htm
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/200e/35-50.jpg HRANICE bottom right corner;

http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/200e/36-50.jpg
bottom left corner; 4 lines up to HERMITZ and BLATTENDF;

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 11:24PM GMT

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 1:30PM GMT
Wondering how you had found BlatteRdorf, as stated by original query, just realised you obviously knew of BlatteNdorf - one letter out!

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 7:13PM GMT
Thanks everyone maybe i can find something from here. Well at least I do have a lead on the Blaschke side. The Glumpler side still seems a bit of a mystery but I will keep trying :)

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 9:09PM GMT
Another thought. Glumpler is quite unusual as a name and if you look in dastelefonbuch you will find that there are only nine entries for the whole of Germany. It might be worth writing a polite note and asking if any of them originated from what was Czechslovakia (Bohemia, Czech Republic). The German speaking population of Czechoslovakia was expelled from the country in 1946-47 and the survivors settled in various parts of Germany. It would not cost a lot and the worst that could happen is that you get no answer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions