Search for content in message boards

Obit

Posted: 4 Oct 2012 10:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Goddard
I am looking for George Tregay Goddard, born 16 Sep 1895 in Chicago,Illinois and died in Brown, Wisconsin. Want to find location of grave for him and son George and wife Agnes. George; the son died in 1979 and Agnes in 1985. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Cleo Thomas

Re: Obit

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 1:31PM GMT
http://www.gravesitesearch.com/public/searchdetails.aspx?iID...

This might be the son George Goddard. The death year matches. Didn't find George Sr. or Agnes when searching the GraveSiteSearch through the Bay Area Genealogical Society.

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 1:35PM GMT
OK, just found a listing for George Tregay Goddard. Birth date: Sep 16, 1895; died Aug 02, 1948; buried in Evergreen Cemetery in Oconto, WI.

http://www.wicemeteries.com/cem_search2.php You'll have to type in the name and search, as it doesn't provide a direct link.

Also found Agnes in Evergreen too. Birth date: Sep 30, 1898 and died Oct 28, 1985.

Hope that helps.
Posted: 5 Oct 2012 2:53PM GMT
Thank you so very much for replying and finding the information for me. Really helps to have people so kind and helpful when we are unable to travel to locate data for ourselves.
Posted: 5 Oct 2012 2:57PM GMT
Gosh; this is very interesting too; didn't know George H. Goddard married. Wonder if you can locate a marriage certificate for him and Marguerite E. in Wisconsin? I looked through Ancestry but didn't locate anything. I know he was single in 1940 but shows public records starting as early as 1955 for him and Marguerite. Thanks again for your assistance. Cleo Thomas

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 3:07PM GMT
I would try contacting the cemetery where they are buried and see if they have any further information. If you have exact dates of death, someone would better be able to help you locate an obituary, which may include the marriage date information in it.
Posted: 5 Oct 2012 3:13PM GMT
Thanks again for responding and giving me helpful information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic